RIP Klas Ingesson

Strewth he's younger than me. Terrible loss to his friends and family, RIP big fella.

Is there a messageboard at his club we can post some condolences on?

There are a few. This one is probably the easiest one to use: http://www.svenskafans.com/fotboll/elfsborg/forum.aspx?tnl336Click=start&tnl336Tab=FrmPop

This is another one: http://www.vigule.se/ It is frequented by at least two swedish owls fans (who also support Elfsborg). But it is probably hard to use without knowing swedish.

There are a few. This one is probably the easiest one to use: http://www.svenskafans.com/fotboll/elfsborg/forum.aspx?tnl336Click=start&tnl336Tab=FrmPop

This is another one: http://www.vigule.se/ It is frequented by at least two swedish owls fans (who also support Elfsborg). But it is probably hard to use without knowing swedish.

thanks mate, i'll have a look

Sad news RIP big fella.

A very good player who was a very exciting signing at the time.

Was unfortunate with injuries but when he did play he looked a tidy and exciting player in glimpses for us

but especially in the Swedish international shirt where he was a part of a very good side along with Nilsson, that had some success and came close in USA '94.

I agree. He was a much better player than some of the loudmouths realised. Who can forget that drag back he did almost on the goal line against Millwall when he was playing in a defensive role? 

Such a shame for things to turn out this way. Rest in peace big man.

I was going to mention this, out of position in center of defence but possibly his best performance for us. 

This was the game when a Millwall fan walked on to pitch to confront Kevin Pressman if I remember right, rumour went around after game that Kev asked him to go and fetch him a pie.  :biggrin:

R I P Klas.

It's amazing, if those among you who know how to do it, go back in the Owlstalk archives, and find any threads where Ingesson is mentioned, you'll see that 95% of the posts ridiculed him for being clumsy and talentless.

I have posted on here in the past, the fact that when he played for us, he had treatment in Sweden to remove cancerous tumours from his stomach (I knew a radio Sheffield journalist at the time, who told us that Ingesson had been having treatment to remove them, in Sweden).

I have a video of a Belgian cup final he played in, in the early 90's, and recollect brilliant performances for Sweden. He was a brilliant player of his type, who was never given a fair crack of the whip by Wednesday fans, and I hope that those who ridiculed him over the years are having a good long look at themselves, now he has passed away.

He must have been an absolute inspiration to all who knew him, and I send my heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Point scoring on this thread is a little bit in bad taste.

RIP Klas

RIP Klas

Too young and too much to live for - such a dreadful shame

Along with Rolly and Alex will be fondly remembered as a Swedish Owl

For what it's worth i think he did a heroic and classy job as a central defender for us

Thoughts with the loved ones of such a fine man

RIP Klas.

I remember him as a tall blond player with a lot of class (pun unintended). He certainly wasn't clumsy and talentless. 

He was unlucky to join us when we were starting to slide a little bit.

I remember him playing well and scoring in a 4-1 win at Goodison over Xmas in about 1995.