South West OWLS

Guest Pickle66

Guest Pickle66

Right guy's and gal's in this next of the woods......If you are interested in a supporters group, which i am more than willing to get off the ground, send me a PM on here.Depending on the level of interest I will look to set one up and get back in touch with you all. And yes the guys in Southampton, Basingstoke and Oxford can join up I really don't have an issue with that :)Look forward to hearing from you

Guest sheffwed01

Right guy's and gal's in this next of the woods......

If you are interested in a supporters group, which i am more than willing to get off the ground, send me a PM on here.

Depending on the level of interest I will look to set one up and get back in touch with you all. 

And yes the guys in Southampton, Basingstoke and Oxford can join up I really don't have an issue with that :)

Look forward to hearing from you

hiya owl supporter in cornwall,hope u get more intrest as a south west owls group going could be really good so good luck or u can email me at mattharris3214@aol.com good luck

Guest Pickle66

Hello againAll those who PM'd to say they were interested........If you have anything you want to contrinute to the newsletter let me have it by 30 September please. I will email those who provided me with an email address.Cheers :bigemo_harabe_net-92:

Guest Pickle66

*************************REMINDER******************************If you have any items for the first newsletter please email them to me swfc_owls66@yahoo.co.uk for this weekend. If you haven't provided me with your email details for the newsletter, please do so. Can you also provide me with your name and location so that we have an idea of how wide spread our group is going to be. Those of you are going to the Plymouth game let me know, as hoping we can make that our first meet - i am sure there is going to be a pub worthy of our presence.I am aiming to get the first newsletter out to you by email for the 8th October. Cheers allKaren :bigemo_harabe_net-92:

Guest Pickle66

FOR THOSE GOING TO THE PLYMOUTH GAME

Meeting place

The Pennycomequick Hotel

Central Park Avenue

Plymouth, PL4 6NR

01752 663737

Very close to the station, does good pies apparantly, and seems to be the place for away supporters to meet up. IF anyone has a better place to meet then post it, as this was recommended :-)

I have never been to the place so don't want to be held responsible for it being awful

NEWSLETTER

Not had any articles so nothing to issue as yet - please if you do have anything to contribute let me have by this weekend.

Cheers all

Guest sheffwed01

FOR THOSE GOING TO THE PLYMOUTH GAME

Meeting place

The Pennycomequick Hotel

Central Park Avenue

Plymouth, PL4 6NR

01752 663737

Very close to the station, does good pies apparantly, and seems to be the place for away supporters to meet up. IF anyone has a better place to meet then post it, as this was recommended :-)

I have never been to the place so don't want to be held responsible for it being awful

NEWSLETTER

Not had any articles so nothing to issue as yet - please if you do have anything to contribute let me have by this weekend.

Cheers all

hi all i m gutted cant make game its only 30 mins from me to dads going and taking my son but he has to sit in with him and listen to the plymouth lot pennycombe quick is ok but alot meet at britannia near ground both supporters go there and i have been told a good atmosphere so have a nice day in the sunny city of plymouth and think of me not

hi all i m gutted cant make game its only 30 mins from me to dads going and taking my son but he has to sit in with him and listen to the plymouth lot pennycombe quick is ok but alot meet at britannia near ground both supporters go there and i have been told a good atmosphere so have a nice day in the sunny city of plymouth and think of me not

The Brittania is a very nice wetherspoons pub. I didnt realise they allowed away supporters too, if this is true, It would be a good place to go as its right next to Home Park.....

Guest Pickle66

The Brittania is a very nice wetherspoons pub. I didnt realise they allowed away supporters too, if this is true, It would be a good place to go as its right next to Home Park.....

I will check with Wetherspoons tomorrow and if they do post on here, and make that the meeting point... otherwise will be the original place cos they do allow us away supporters in. You going???

Guest Pickle66

I have just telephoned The Britannia in Plymouth it's a Wetherspoons pub, and they welcome all fans home and away so given the fact you can eat in there maybe this is a good option :-)

Manager said you will only not get in if they are packed so get there early!

1 Wolseley Road

Milehouse

Plymouth

Devon

PL2 3AA

Telephone: 01752 607596

Failing that it is the PennyComeQuick which was my original suggestion as it is near the station - that's the meeting place for the London Owls i believe

Pickle

What's union street like? Hear that area and the barbican are the places to go

Hi there, only just seen your posting. Not overly familiar with Plymouth apart from the Barbican centre and shopping lol. There are a few Plymouth based owls on here who can give you the low down

Guest Pickle66

Been told tonight that someone plugged the SOUTH WEST OWLS Supporters first meet up at the Plymouth game, on Five Live.Well who ever that was just wanted to say thank you :-)Everyone happy to make The Britannia (Wetherspoons and not too far from the ground) the meeting place now ? Details in my earlier post today.Will be there from Noon. Erm wonder how we will recognise one another cos i haven't got a flag organised as yet lol

Edited by Pickle66

Guest Pickle66

An email has gone to those who showed an interest in the supporters group. Not sure who out of us is going tomorrow, but sent the email and included my mobile number.We will be in The Britannia, only cos its Wetherspoons and close to the ground by Noon (might be 1130).Hope to see you there :bigemo_harabe_net-117:

Guest Pickle66

Well the first meet happened yesterday at The Britannia before the game - 4 of us but it's a start :-)

I am sure other southern and south west based fans were around and hopefully you will get in touch with us and we will grow slowly but surely.

We will be known as southern OWLS supporters rather than south west, given we are as far spread as Oxford / Basingstoke / Bournemouth aswell as West Country / Devon and Cornwall

sOs has a bit of a ring to it - thanks Craig, Matt and Nicholas (on Nikki i'm so fine ) with your help in thinking up a suitable name and Craig for eventually coming up with something we all liked :-)

If you are interested in receiving the first newsletter which will be published before the end of this month, and / or want to provide an article, then please email it to swfc_owls66@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers

Edited by Pickle66

Guest sincsy_legend

Hey all,Just got back on the internet as just moved into new house down in bournemouth...i was formerly the basingstoke owl!!When is the next meet due then....im defo going to the reading away game.

Guest Pickle66

Hey all,Just got back on the internet as just moved into new house down in bournemouth...i was formerly the basingstoke owl!!When is the next meet due then....im defo going to the reading away game.

Hiya, good to see you back online, wondered where you had gone.Planning on meeting up at the Reading Game, Details will be in the newsletter and on here. A difficult one for arranging a pub as none near the ground but I am sure we can think of somewhere. There is a decent one at the train station isn't there - by the bus concourse but i don't know if away supporters are allowed in?I am going to the brighton game next Monday is anyone else? Won't be up for the Watford game this Tuesday though.

Guest sincsy_legend

I dont think that pub has issues regarding away fans...although there are a host of pubs on that street as its right in the middle of reading... plus would be easiest for all of us to meet at...i got another wednesdayite from down here coming with me to the game...plus with all the others probably going by train (as parking is very very arkward) that pub at station would be best bet.

Guest Pickle66

I dont think that pub has issues regarding away fans...although there are a host of pubs on that street as its right in the middle of reading... plus would be easiest for all of us to meet at...i got another wednesdayite from down here coming with me to the game...plus with all the others probably going by train (as parking is very very arkward) that pub at station would be best bet.

Can you remember what its called? I go in at least twice a month whilst waiting for trains and i have no idea what its called lol. What time you planning on getting there?

Guest sincsy_legend

cant remember what its called...railway inn/!?! wont be hard for people to find if getting a train would it!!not sure havent decided when im travelling down...prob get there for bout 6ish, get a few inside me b4 the game...gunna need it i think!! also have to find out when the other person coming finishes uni that day to sort out train times.what time u getting down there??