Labour Promises Board Membership And Minority Stakes For Football Fans

Well as far as I recall UKIP don't have a policy about "kicking out the foreigners" as your intelligent self put it. It's very unfortunate for people like you Alan, in the witch-hunt gang that they don't, isn't it?

Well as far as I recall UKIP don't have a policy about "kicking out the foreigners" as your intelligent self put it. It's very unfortunate for people like you Alan, in the witch-hunt gang that they don't, isn't it?

Bar exiting the EU (and they've not made any serious attempt to explain precisely how they'd manage the transition or what would be at the other end, other than that free movement between the UK and EU countries would come to an end) they don't have any policies at all since Farage dismissed his own party's 2010 manifesto as a load of tosh (and for once I agree with him - it was basically one big unworkable free market fantasy). So we don't really know - depending on how it would be managed there might be an amnesty for EU migrants who entered prior to exit - in which case when would be the cut off date, how would they know when people had entered and how would they stop a huge influx of migrants immediately prior to this date? Or it really could mean that all EU migrants are forced to leave.

This ambiguity isn't an accident - contrary to the hype the multimillionaire former stockbroker Farage is as much a part of the political establishment as Miliband or Cameron and he's no fool. In not having any concrete policies whatsoever UKIP get to mimic the pre-2010 Lib Dems (only they replace the sandals and humus with blue blazers and barbour jackets) in claiming to be all things to all men. So for the more swivel eyed among their voter base they're going for full repatriation and for the more moderate among them they're not.

Sheffield's turning Into a proper little Tory town, how did that work out for you with the steelworks and most other Industry In the fallen city under former Tory regimes...?....Some people have very short memories IMO

Dont get me wrong Red Ed's clueless and spineless like his mate Cameron

Weird innit? I can't stand what the Labour party has become but that's more down to them becoming indestinguishable from the Tories than anything else. And as for Osborn fixing the economy - the growth we've seen is mainly down to an increase in government spending that he's really quite shy about and from the very beginning his long term strategy has been growth on the back of a MASSIVE increase in personal debt. That'll end well.

'The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.'

Edited by spineynorman78

Lot of misunderstanding about what the fans representation on the board actually means - certainly if you actually research how it works in Germany and what a positive impact it can have on the matters fans care about.

Its not about running the club day to day

Guest Steve French

Lot of misunderstanding about what the fans representation on the board actually means - certainly if you actually research how it works in Germany and what a positive impact it can have on the matters fans care about.

That's true.

But no British Government will ever convince the Commons and the Lords to pass a law, specifically aimed at forcing one type of private business within one particular industry to sell shares to the public. Not a chance.

Didn't Labour once consider the idea of workers representives on the Board of major companies in the UK a few years ago,and that these proposals for football fans is virtually the same thing?

maybe we need someone to start off with a few radical policy's than loads of damaging/useless ones. the country's wrecked financially (£1.4+trillion in debt), socially (Jeremy kyle etc) and it's overpopulated (going up nearly 0.5m a year). the NHS is strained despite maintaining spending, school class sizes are increasing, retirement age is increasing etc etc. labour's policy's were mass unskilled immigration and benefits culture, probably to swell their electorate and the torys can't fix it as they're too similar, infact nobody probably can, so proper austerity (the country having to live within it's means or defaulting) is highly likely sooner or later.

as for recent growth this has come from the service sector due to record population growth, but GDP per capita is actually lower than It was in 2008. so whilst the economy recently became as big as it was in 2008 as a nation we're poorer per head, make of that what you will.

Rather laboUr than conservative my grandad would turn in his grave if I ever voted conservative

Stop dicriminating against people who's grandads were cremated. :biggrin:

Personally, I'd kill myself if I ever caught myself voting for any of the p!ss-in-the-wind b@stards.

Edited by VictoryBell