New Shop Website

Its basically the old one, with a new skin on it.

Still a poor website, with poor technology from a poor provider, unfortunately.

Was supposed to be in place at the beginning of last season, believe it or not, but for various reasons wasn't implemented.

It should have been implemented sooner if only to get rid of the stupid 'squashed' images that were on there due to a lazy numpty always uploading them all in the wrong aspect ratio despite being told about it - and advised how to fix it - numerous, numerous times.

The providers promised that this one should automatically handle image resizes to prevent the numpty issue, alas it seems it isn't so as some of the shots on there look squished (its not as bad as the days of Antonio looking like a squashed dwarf though).

It will only ever be as good as the people behind it.

Its a nightmare trying to login for purchasing, always done it before with id number and email address but now its asking for a password which I don't have or can't remember.

Clicked on forgotten password in which it asks for email address and DOB  but I'm yet to receive any email to reset a new password. 

The layout is much better. 

Takes a bit too long for pages/images to load though, and I find it quite embarrassing that all the images for replica shirts/training gear etc are JPEG mock ups, rather than professionally modelled photographs.

Hopefully these are just placeholders and better images will be uploaded soon.

Its basically the old one, with a new skin on it.

Still a poor website, with poor technology from a poor provider, unfortunately.

Was supposed to be in place at the beginning of last season, believe it or not, but for various reasons wasn't implemented.

It should have been implemented sooner if only to get rid of the stupid 'squashed' images that were on there due to a lazy numpty always uploading them all in the wrong aspect ratio despite being told about it - and advised how to fix it - numerous, numerous times.

The providers promised that this one should automatically handle image resizes to prevent the numpty issue, alas it seems it isn't so as some of the shots on there look squished (its not as bad as the days of Antonio looking like a squashed dwarf though).

It will only ever be as good as the people behind it.

I take it you aren't involved anymore Deejay?

Does anyone have any news on when are agreement for the website/online shop etc comes to an end or has it rolled over?  Weren't we tied into a long term agreement (this was at least 3 or 4 years ago) along with most of rest of football league but were looking to do our own thing once this expired.

I suspect the bounce rate on the online store is astronomical, before this update the store was a disgrace. I would go on the site with the sole intention of buying something and I'd just give up. 

The update is pretty good, although the amount doesn't update properly if you choose to add a name and number to your shirt, a critical error. 

More and more people are using tablets and phones to buy, this shop still looks awful on tablets and mobiles.

I contacted the club over a year ago about how badly their marketing emails appeared on Gmail, and the latest one came through like this (https://www.dropbox.com/s/fv1kc29fzs2y9op/Screenshot%202014-10-19%2017.06.02.png?dl=0)... Clueless

Edited by Owls2k