Lineup vs Watford & Score Predictions

Didn't Stu suggest that the international break was when we'd try and sign a striker! As that is when teams take stock of what they will need. A new striker would be a big boost for a side that has now gone four without a win. If we don't bring anyone in, then probably just Helan for Maguire with Palmer back at full back

I thought from what he was saying a week or so ago that he didn't expect to be able to bring anyone in until after the international break because Prem teams will want to get all their players back and then assess the health of their squads, so although that could mean perhaps Thursday or Friday at the earliest, I reckon it'll be more like next week.

I thought from what he was saying a week or so ago that he didn't expect to be able to bring anyone in until after the international break because Prem teams will want to get all their players back and then assess the health of their squads, so although that could mean perhaps Thursday or Friday at the earliest, I reckon it'll be more like next week.

Yeah maybe, but it would give the team and the crowd a bit of a boost if we could get someone in before Saturday

Guest Cotswold Hornet

Anyone know if deeney is fit for them yet?

Doubtful Deeney will start may be on the bench. Anya is likely to be out too after international duty, unlike Sterling he played with a knock tonight, though he has been poor for us so far. Angella our best defender is out as is Tamas. Andrews and Cathcart are doubtful too.

On the plus side Abdi (our best player) is fit, Forestieri is back from injury after a few games out, he was on fire till his injury,Vydra is gradually getting back to his best and Ikpeazu (the reason we sold Assombalonga) may play some part for the first time this season and Bassong should make his debut.

In all, we haven't played that well this season, are on are fourth manager and yet somehow are level on points at the top. If we ever start playing well promotion is possible.

I'd take a draw.

Edited by Cotswold Hornet

After the international break, here is how I think Gray will lineup.

Starting 11:

Westwood

Palmer Lees Loovens Mattock

Maghoma Lee Semedo Helan

Nuhiu May

Subs: Kirkland, Buxton, Coke, Hutchinson, Drenthe, Madine, Hope

Available for selection: Wildsmith, Floro, Sanders, Croasdale, Young, Corry, Stobbs, Betra, Dieseruvwe, McCabe, Dielna

Suspensions: Maguire (1 game)

Injured: Kelhar, Lavery, Zayatte

Out on loan: Nil

Not sure who will start at right back, Palmer or Buxton?

Lee will remain alongside Semedo. With Maguire suspended I can see Helan coming in on left with Jacques moving to the right.

I'm guessing Hutchinson should make it back to the matchday squad, so I've put him on the bench.

Nuhiu will most likely keep his place up top, despite Madine having a decent cameo performance coming on against Ipswich.

What do fellow fans reckon?

I'm predicting a 2-1 win for us, May and Helan the scorers.

I think he'll line up like that as well but I'd prefer him to go with Drenth from the start

Lots calling for the Dutchman to start.

Is he fit?

Don't think Gray will do anything drastic.

Clearly a man who likes things to tick along.

2-0 The Wednesday

Wouldn't mind Drenthe starting to be honest.  Think Helan will get the nod though.

Wouldn't mind Drenthe starting to be honest.  Think Helan will get the nod though.

Probably thinks he deserves the chance. Especially with him being 'our' player.

Gray seems to like the pace he brings from the bench when teams are tiring though doesn't he.

Gray seems to like the pace he brings from the bench when teams are tiring though doesn't he.

Yep, the best time to play a semi fit player would be in the second half coming on as a sub.  Royston needs to start games though if he is to build up full match fitness.

Westwood

Palmer  Lees  Dielna  Helan

Maghoma  Hutch  Lee   Mattock

May

Madine

Helan and Dielna to inject pace into back 4.  Mattock can put a ball in.  Madine is showing more consistency now he has a headband.  Big Dave is knackered.  Carry on.

Edited by DuttyTeabags