Madine to start v Watford

I agree that Madine played very well today, but his attitude worries me. Sure today he did look up for the challenge, but on another day he just seems to go through the motions.

Not sure if any posters know anything about Madine's attitude at the club, but he doesn't strike me as being hungry enough. Perhaps Nuhiu and May aren't the finished article, but I get the feeling they are both desperate to be successful. After leaving prison I'd hoped Madine would really appreciate his second chance and get stuck in, but I'm not convinced he's that bothered.

I'd love Madine to regain the confidence and form he showed in League 1. Let's face it he's got all the physical attributes & ability, but it's what's going on between the ears that concerns me. Before today I'd virtually written Madine off and I reckon there are plenty of other fans who have felt the same. It really would be a massive bonus if he could find his scoring boots again.

Guest Willie Henderson

What is wrong with you lot, Madine is not and never will be the answer to our problems up front!

We need a loan striker in before the Watford game its glaringly obvious the 3 we have now are not gonna get us the required goals to keep us competitive.

Hope needs to be given a chance otherwise why did we bring him in.

Come on MM see the light and give Stuart the dough to bring someone in !

Guest Sheff Owl

I wouldn't hold ya breath about a new striker.

Gray has said today that he will keep trying but it's unlikely because so many Premiership teams have players going on International Duty.

Don't get me wrong I'm not Madine's biggest fan but he did more in 45 mins than Nuhiu did in the 1st half. He looked up for it and caused L***s problems. Could have done better with that header at the end and he hit the target with that good turn and left foot shot.

Give Madine a good 50/60 mins against Watford for me

Not for me. Nuhiu had an off day. No need for knee jerk reactions. Remember the lad is our top scorer...

Guest JonTheOwl66

I wouldn't hold ya breath about a new striker.

Gray has said today that he will keep trying but it's unlikely because so many Premiership teams have players going on International Duty.

Always an excuse isn't there?

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

Reyt. Bet you wish you were in his situation though eh!

What stealing a wage while not giving a sh it about the fans and club? if his ability matched his ego and arrogance he would be top class

Guest Sheff Owl

I am starting to wonder who and what type of players are we looking at..

He might not be a great choice but Ravel Morrison to Cardiff, Johnny Williams to Ipswich both would have improved us, yes there is issues with Morrison but the lad has talent.

I agree that Madine played very well today, but his attitude worries me. Sure today he did look up for the challenge, but on another day he just seems to go through the motions.

Not sure if any posters know anything about Madine's attitude at the club, but he doesn't strike me as being hungry enough. Perhaps Nuhiu and May aren't the finished article, but I get the feeling they are both desperate to be successful. After leaving prison I'd hoped Madine would really appreciate his second chance and get stuck in, but I'm not convinced he's that bothered.

I'd love Madine to regain the confidence and form he showed in League 1. Let's face it he's got all the physical attributes & ability, but it's what's going on between the ears that concerns me. Before today I'd virtually written Madine off and I reckon there are plenty of other fans who have felt the same. It really would be a MASSIVE bonus if he could find his scoring boots again.

Don't know about his attitude at the club, but away from it he is being far from professsional.

Having said that I would start him with May. As said earlier Nuhiu and May is not working.

Nuhiu not good enough.

Guest wilyfox

There can't be too many peripheral strikers in the prem that are likely candidates, surely. Aluko, Vaz Te, Bent, GTF?

Wood is going nowhere, Carlton Cole won't drop to the champ. Fletcher is back in the side at Sunderland and bagged a brace, and Gray has no interest in Graham.

Who else is left? Arouna Kone maybe, on his way back from injury? Or Libor Kozak on the comeback trail at Villa?

There can't be too many peripheral strikers in the prem that are likely candidates, surely. Aluko, Vaz Te, Bent, GTF?

Wood is going nowhere, Carlton Cole won't drop to the champ. Fletcher is back in the side at Sunderland and bagged a brace, and Gray has no interest in Graham.

Who else is left? Arouna Kone maybe, on his way back from injury? Or Libor Kozak on the comeback trail at Villa?

Might we be looking abroad?

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

Its quite clear we need another striker and with the decent start weve made old scrooge mccduck should back his manager, before the "he has put in money" brigade start up nobody is asking for a 2 mil striker just somebody who is young, hungry and quick. madine in the team is 2 steps backwards

Guest wilyfox

Might we be looking abroad?

Clearly we are because we handed Margairaz a trial. But in terms of loans, Gray keeps saying premier league. Who the injured striker was is a mystery to me; no-one obvious.

Guest Sheff Owl

Having gone through most of the Premiership teams and injuries nobody stands out as a potential target missed.

Gray talked about the player having just done it, saying that he thought he we had him.

It has to have been a younger Premiership Striker which wouldn't make any sense at all with us having Hope already.

I'd love Madine to regain the confidence and form he showed in League 1. Let's face it he's got all the physical attributes & ability, but it's what's going on between the ears that concerns me. Before today I'd virtually written Madine off and I reckon there are plenty of other fans who have felt the same. It really would be a MASSIVE bonus if he could find his scoring boots again.

Total subjecture. You don't know anything about what's in his head and mores the point - who cares as long as he performs?

For me he hasn't put in a bad performance yet. Not always great but nothing to get on his case about.

Today we were a better team when he came on. He's far more mobile than nuhiu and for all the talk about nuhiu's "ability on the floor for a big man" Madine is way ahead in that department.

I like nuhiu and i think Madine could be a good player for us - at the right age as well - it annoys me when people slag him for f all.

Edited by ka58

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

Total subjecture. You don't know anything about what's in his head and mores the point - who cares as long as he performs?

For me he hasn't put in a bad performance yet. Not always great but nothing to get on his case about.

Today we were a better team when he came on. He's far more mobile than nuhiu and for all the talk about nuhiu's "ability on the floor for a big man" Madine is way ahead in that department.

I like nuhiu and i think Madine could be a good player for us - at the right age as well - it annoys me when people slag him for f all.

Court appearances, 3 goals in 31 games, lazy and has an ego the size of hillsborough! yeah we do slag him off for f all