Ryan Meadows

I'm beginning to think we are merely playing the numbers game with the development squad, something along the lines of giving an infinite number of monkeys typewriters and waiting for one of them to write the complete works of Shakespeare. (By the way I'm not calling any of the development squad monkeys and I'm not apeist anyway) 

I'm beginning to think we are merely playing the numbers game with the development squad, something along the lines of giving an infinite number of monkeys typewriters and waiting for one of them to write the complete works of Shakespeare. (By the way I'm not calling any of the development squad monkeys and I'm not apeist anyway) 

Wouldn't quite say that, first of all they're doing pretty well this year (top of the league aren't they?) and you can't exactly expect big name signings otherwise they wouldn't be in the dev squad. With this lad, I know nothing of him but the fact Wigan gave him a pro contract and he scored on his debut is only encouraging. At dev squad level there's lots of ins and outs with trialists and so on but this lad's here on a one-year deal so I wouldn't quite use the monkeys/typewriters analogy, as offensive as that is to king ape/whatever his name is from rise of the planet of the apes  :biggrin:

How many players do you think we've got in the Development Squad?