£10 tickets

Does anyone else agree that it would make much more sense to charge £10 for tickets. At the reading game there was around 8-10000 more than there usually is and I for one thought the atmosphere was incredible. Also, the club would sell more tickets that way and probably make more money. So why don't they do it?

Then season ticket prices should be brought down as well. I'm blessed that I'm under 17 and got mine for £100, but adult tickets should be brought down a bit too and they'd probably shift a few more of them

Edited by owls24

Does anyone else agree that it would make much more sense to charge £10 for tickets. At the reading game there was around 8-10000 more than there usually is and I for one thought the atmosphere was incredible. Also, the club would sell more tickets that way and probably make more money. So why don't they do it?

10,000 extra people there, at £20 per ticket less.

We'd be bankrupt by Christmas if we kept that up.

Guest james.taylor1982

As of next season you will be able to get an adult season ticket at Man City for £299 yet ours are touching 500, takes the wee wee really, no shock it's empty every week

The tickets for Reading were less than half the normal price. To make the same money from ticket sales (ignoring the other match day income), we would need more than double the attendance you would expect otherwise (say 22,000).

You would also expect a higher attendance for a one-off like Reading than you would if they did it every week (obviously from people who can only afford it occasionally, or people going for the bumper attendance). So this clearly more than cancels out the extra you'd get from extra match day income.

So, clearly, for clubs to be run as a competitive business (I'm not saying they should be, but they clearly need to these days), then the club needs a balance between attendances and prices.

There is the argument that higher attendances will lead to better performances, higher league positions and more revenue, but that is very unreliable.

As of next season you will be able to get an adult season ticket at Man City for £299 yet ours are touching 500, takes the wee wee really, no shock it's empty every week

In the PL ticket sales don't matter as much to a football club trying to keep afloat, the money comes in from TV revenues and massive sponsorship deals, not ticket sales. City can afford to do that sort of discount, clubs in the championship are much more reliant on their ticket sales. As much as I'd like to see a slight reduction, I don't think our prices are that bad compared to others (*cough Leeds *cough)

In the PL ticket sales don't matter as much to a football club trying to keep afloat, the money comes in from TV revenues and MASSIVE sponsorship deals, not ticket sales. City can afford to do that sort of discount, clubs in the championship are much more reliant on their ticket sales. As much as I'd like to see a slight reduction, I don't think our prices are that bad compared to others (*cough Leeds *cough)

they're doing a Bayern Munich, it's dirt cheap to watch them

The PIgs are constantly giving tickets away and they dont fill up

They've been up to something lately, them 18,000+ attendances look very artificial..

My guess is that they've been giving a couple of thousand tickets away to new students that have arrived in town over past month.