Team vs Ipswich

WESTWOOD

BUXTON          LOOVENS            DIELNA

PALMER               SEMEDO              COKE                   MATTOCK

MAGHOMA

MAY                NUHIU

It'll never happen but I'd like to see us get an extra man in midfield without sacrificing either of the front two.

Maghoma, for me, has never been a winger. He doesn't cross , drill, or cut back balls into the box. When he comes inside he dallies.

I'd try him centrally but keep Semedo and Coke behind him so he doesn't get knacked.

I also think it better suits Semedo and Coke in a three man midfield.

I think Palmer and Mattock are both young enough and fit enough to get up and down.

Also think Mattock is a better cross from wide than Maguire, Helan and Maghoma put together.

Palmer put a 'decent' couple in on Sat and I think is capable of more.

I'd put extra cover in at the back till Lees is fit.

Simply I am not keen on having two slow centre halfs in the side so the extra man would come in.

NB- No doubt we will go with a 4-4-2 of the usual first 11.

Totally agree with all of that (including the fact that it's going to be 4-4-2 on Tuesday, you just know it lol ) and like the idea of 3 at the back, although I would be torn between Mattock and Helan down the left - Helan has the pace, trickery and direct running to turn defence into attack much more quickly, which is what is required of a wing back. Helan's a better header of the ball but is more prone to mistakes, plus his crossing is woeful so it's a tough one.

Guest james.taylor1982

We can't keep persevering with Coke and Maguire who are currently just not cutting it. A few games out might do them some good.

Saying that Maghoma hasn't exactly been great but i'm not sure dropping all 3 is even possible.

It would be nice to see Helan start. Wonder if Drenthe/Hope will ever get a start?

Same with nuhiu, Maghoma

Helan, Drenthe and Madine should all start tuesday

I'd go with

Westwood

Palmer

Dielna

Loovens

Mattock

Maguire

Semedo

Maghoma

Helan

May

Madine/Hope

Nuhiu and coke deserve dropping on recent form. And iv never rated Buxton at CB, he was partly at fault for Cardiff second goal too allowing jones to head it back across, and almost cost us another by getting dragged out of position at Cardiff when he went chasing the ball out wide in first half.

Edited by RichieB

Guest Sheff Owl

Gray talks about having competition for places well if someone isn't performing change it, Maguire and Coke haven't preformed and shouldn't start, it wouldn't be unreasonable to add Maghoma to that list too.

Hope and Helan to start without a doubt for me, i would be even tempted to see what Drenthe can do from the start.

Totally agree with all of that (including the fact that it's going to be 4-4-2 on Tuesday, you just know it lol ) and like the idea of 3 at the back, although I would be torn between Mattock and Helan down the left - Helan has the pace, trickery and direct running to turn defence into attack much more quickly, which is what is required of a wing back. Helan's a better header of the ball but is more prone to mistakes, plus his crossing is woeful so it's a tough one.

Just an idea to give us something a bit more attacking behind the forwards. - A forward pairing of Lineker and Rush would have struggled to bag goals in this side so far with the paucity of service.

I'd love to see helan get a run out, apart from his wee wee tail up against millwall he's been a constant threat with his pace when I've seen him play

I have a history of criticising Helan at every opportunity, but to be fair that against Millwall wasn't his fault, he should never have been put in that position as the ball should never have come near him. Team wee wee tail up that one

I agree though I'd probably give him a game on Tuesday, think it might be time to let Maguire sit one out as it's not been happening for him lately.

Can't play the same 11 every week, we don't have much depth in the squad but what we have got, we need to start getting some use out of

Westwood

Palmer--Buxton--Loovens--Mattock

Maguire--Semedo--Maghoma--Helan

May--Nuhiu

Subs -

Kirkland

Zayatte

Dielna

Coke

Drenthe

Hope

Betra

I would like to see this lineup too.  

Helan needs to start imo.  Gives us something different, i.e. lots of pace, exactly what we need to bring that extra creativity we have been lacking lately.  

I prefer Maghoma in the centre as well. Think he is wasted out on the left. 

WESTWOOD

BUXTON          LOOVENS            DIELNA

PALMER               SEMEDO              COKE                   MATTOCK

MAGHOMA

MAY                NUHIU

It'll never happen but I'd like to see us get an extra man in midfield without sacrificing either of the front two.

Maghoma, for me, has never been a winger. He doesn't cross , drill, or cut back balls into the box. When he comes inside he dallies.

I'd try him centrally but keep Semedo and Coke behind him so he doesn't get knacked.

I also think it better suits Semedo and Coke in a three man midfield.

I think Palmer and Mattock are both young enough and fit enough to get up and down.

Also think Mattock is a better cross from wide than Maguire, Helan and Maghoma put together.

Palmer put a 'decent' couple in on Sat and I think is capable of more.

I'd put extra cover in at the back till Lees is fit.

Simply I am not keen on having two slow centre halfs in the side so the extra man would come in.

NB- No doubt we will go with a 4-4-2 of the usual first 11.

Like this setup.  Complements players strengths.  When Maghoma gets tired we can get Maguire in his favoured position   Its a win win scenario.  

I would stick Helan in there instead of Mattock, purely for his pace to get up and down the left side.