Hip hop thread

Cersei

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Thought you'd like it.

:duntmatter:

It's getting better with repeated listens for me.

It's a great album in any context, but for an emcee 30 years into his career, it's simply phenomenal.

Hit Boy manages to create a 90’s sounding album but at the same time make it modern. Some of those beats I could let run for ages they’re that good. 

it’s all a bit of a blur at the moment in terms of individual tracks so definitely need more time with it. 

Nearly 50 years old and he’s dropped 3 of his the best albums. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

Hit Boy manages to create a 90’s sounding album but at the same time make it modern. Some of those beats I could let run for ages they’re that good. 

it’s all a bit of a blur at the moment in terms of individual tracks so definitely need more time with it. 

Nearly 50 years old and he’s dropped 3 of his the best albums. 

It's amazing, isn't it?

This peak is up there with the Stillmatic / Lost Tapes / God's Son era, which is crazy. That was 20 bloody years ago!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's amazing, isn't it?

This peak is up there with the Stillmatic / Lost Tapes / God's Son era, which is crazy. That was 20 bloody years ago!

So good and as he says himself, KD3 on the way this is just to feed the buzz!

Edited by EighteenSixty7
  • Like 1

The more I listen to Magic, the more I like it. And I thought it was great on first listen.

I'm ready to place it among his classics.

There seems to have been a weird lack of media coverage of this album, though - lots of publications have yet to review it. I'd have thought an album of this quality would be a bigger story.

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The more I listen to Magic, the more I like it. And I thought it was great on first listen.

There seems to have been a weird lack of media coverage of this album, though - lots of publications have yet to review it. I'd have thought an album of this quality would be a bigger story.

Yeah I only really realised how good the truth and final track are a few days ago. 

it may be my aoty 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Same

Long Live Hit-Boy, the sound he made on this album is unique. 

Nas is floating on some of these tracks aswell. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Nasir is a good album as far as I'm concerned, but it definitely ranks towards the bottom of his discography.

It seems to get a lot of unfair criticism in my eyes.

I have to wonder what push would have done with those beats. And what nas would have done with the Daytona beats