M67

Stalybridge is spot on, For drinking i'd either go in to Ashton or Droylsden tbh both have a few pubs also Droylsden is on tram Route and 10mins away.

Sheldon is mainly eating with very small bar area, Snipe pub is opposite Snipe retail park.

Edited by coopswfc76

Guest stockport owl

yes there are roadworks on m67 at denton roundabout,not good,i live in bredbury a couple of miles away.Best way is take first left at roundabout before m67 and follow road through gee cross,then you come to a road junction turn left towards woodley,pubs all the way railway and navigation in woodley very good my local,,,,keep out of the crown big city pub.folllow road through woodley and takes to m60,best way to go not much traffic as you are going against any.

if you dont wanna drive into manchester leave car at bredbury station just through woodley,safe parking and catch train in,every 15 mins and £4 but if full get there for nowt.

either go to picadilly or get off at asburys (10 mins to ground) 20 mins from piccaddily or about £7 in taxi

hope this helps Wawaw

Another way, and better in my opinion, is head towards Holmfirth at the Flouch in, at town centre, follow signs for Manchester, pick up thro road at Stalybridge after Mossley, that is the way I go/return to Hillsborough

Oh I wish I could go

Oh yes, if you happen to go to McDonald's at Wall Way Gorton, ( a popular venue for away fans going to City), please be nice to my Mrs, Lynne, she too is an Owl who couldn't get a ticket.