Zayatte

Have people changed their opinion on him at all after his first 3 games this season? 3 clean sheets to be fair to the bloke...

I presume Loovens and Lees both start again when their both available, but would like to see Dielna give a go at some point.

Suppose its a nice problem to have.

the lad had a few bad games last season, just our fans going way OTT on him being pants

I said in summer he'll come good, we now have 4 first team centre backs & sounds like they're all pushing for a start 

Agreed. Several threads on here about him being given the boot and money being spent on someone better.

Said it before and will again. He's should be entering his prime as a centre half and a good manager will get the best out of him.

We've saved a few bob in keeping him (sure Milans delighted) and at the same time got a good covering player for when the main two are injured/suspended.

Shows the value of putting in hard work on the training ground and not seeing spending as the answer to all.

I agree aapart from one who seems to be going backwards slightly. Maguire.

It's the inconsistency.

I do wonder if perhaps that is one of the reasons that he has never really made a first team regular this side of the border?

If Stuart can't get it from him though I'm not sure who can.

It's the inconsistency.

I do wonder if perhaps that is one of the reasons that he has never really made a first team regular this side of the border?

If Stuart can't get it from him though I'm not sure who can.

Perhaps not inconsistency but a lack of motivation or willingness from Maguire?

It struck me last season that Maguire was used on the wing to 'plug a gap', and he obliged and performed so well because he was just relieved to be playing again. He was playing with a smile on his face.

But after playing for half a season on the wing and finishing our top scorer I think he may have thought he'd be moved back up front, a position he clearly prefers to play in. He loves scoring goals but on the wing he's mostly restricted to pot shots from outside the box, which is where is inconsistency in shooting comes from...which is making Maguire increasingly frustrated.

I still feel that Maguire's best position is either in a front two in a straight 4-4-2 formation or as a striker playing in behind the main striker in a 4-4-1-1.

Edited by FlyingOwl

It struck me last season that Maguire was used on the wing to 'plug a gap', and he obliged and performed so well because he was just relieved to be playing again. He was playing with a smile on his face.

But after playing for half a season on the wing and finishing our top scorer I think he may have thought he'd be moved back up front, a position he clearly prefers to play in. He loves scoring goals but on the wing he's mostly restricted to pot shots from outside the box, which is where is inconsistency in shooting comes from...which is making Maguire increasingly frustrated.

I still feel that Maguire's best position is either in a front two in a straight 4-4-2 formation or as a striker playing in behind the main striker in a 4-4-1-1.

I think what will be interesting will be if he retains a spot in the side when Buxton and Drenthe get to full match sharpness.

That will tell us a lot I think about Grays thoughts on the issue.

He is not winger end off he's done a brilliant job as a stand in , now he needs moving into the middle behind the front 2 picking up the scraps personally u think he would be at his best there

He is not winger end off he's done a brilliant job as a stand in , now he needs moving into the middle behind the front 2 picking up the scraps personally u think he would be at his best there

I'm not a tacticalista , I leave that to others. But in playing behind a front pairing are we sacrificing the wings 4-3-1-2 or sacrificing the full backs in a 3-5-2. Or another system? Diamond perhaps, that seems to be making a bit of a comeback.

Have people changed their opinion on him at all after his first 3 games this season? 3 clean sheets to be fair to the bloke...

I presume Loovens and Lees both start again when their both available, but would like to see Dielna give a go at some point.

Suppose its a nice problem to have.

Personally i hope Dieina doesn't get a start anytime soon.

As that means our back 4 are still doing a great job at shutting opponents out.

I'm not a tacticalista , I leave that to others. But in playing behind a front pairing are we sacrificing the wings 4-3-1-2 or sacrificing the full backs in a 3-5-2. Or another system? Diamond perhaps, that seems to be making a bit of a comeback.

Can we not use just 1 winger with him switching sides , and get the full back bombing on the other side ?????? just a thought