Crap teams

Just come across a book entitled " CRAP TEAMS " by Geoff Tibballs ( true ) and he lists the authors worst ever teams . Not surprisingly Sheffield Wednesday are amongst them but rather more surprising is that our near neighbours are not . It was printed in 2011 and the team he has chosen as the owls worst is the 2009-10 team managed by Brian Laws . You may recall that the team of that season included Francis Jeffers and we were knocked out of the f.a.cup by Palace , the league cup by  Port Vale and the season finished with relegation after failing to beat Palace in the last match. Dire as it was that season i believe the team we had in the late 70s early 80s was far worse than that.

09/10 wasn't even such a terrible squad, it was just very badly managed that season, first badly by Laws (who just seemed to run out of ideas), and then cowardly by Irvine. It was a very bad season, but definitely not our worst.

03/04 and initially 04/05 was the culmination of a fall which had began a fair number of seasons before. All the teams we turned out during that time were terrible and it was mind-numbingly painful to watch us.

Guest Gazzaswfc

The eustace useless team was poo west Cranson rostron &galvin need I say more it was only 3 months but scarred me for life then enter big Ron

Paul jewel era was also one I care to forget

The 03/04 season was my worst ever season watching us.

We were so close to dropping into league 2. Had it not been for Mellor scoring regularly we would have done probably.

Mellor was only with us In 10/11  :wacko:

1999/2000 season was the worst by a mile. 

No fight at all went down without a wimper and our biggest defeat In years. 

Guest Johnbloodaxe

74-77 were the worst. EASILY  :wacko:

Oh yes bloody dire times... but we still went week after week. It always seemed to be grey damp and bloody cold too.

I wasn't around in the 70's but the 2010/11 season in League 1 under Irvine is the worst I've ever seen. That was a truly awful season. Didn't we get smashed by Exeter, Leyton Orient and Tranmere? The only highlights were the 5-0 vs Hartlepool and the 3-0 against Bristol City in the cup. At one point I feared we would drop into League 2

Mellor was only with us In 10/11 :wacko:

1999/2000 season was the worst by a mile.

No fight at all went down without a wimper and our biggest defeat In years.

roger me I don't know what happened with what I said about Mellor.

I think I was going to make a point about the 10/11 season being equally as awful and then go onto applaud Mellor's contribution....I must have just forgotten to mention the first part.

I need some sleep I think.

lol

03/04 and 10/11 are the worst.

Some truly diabolical displays.

You're right about the 2010/11 season being truly awful and that is all down to A Irvine who as we speak is inflicting on  WBA his mind numbing tactics and team selection.God how i must feel for the poor WBA fans who have got to sit and suffer in silence. :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko: