The damned international break!

I really hate it!! Hope it doesn't spoil our momentum this season! Internationals should be restricted to the summer. All this Wayne Wooney talk is doing my chump! Worst captain in living memory, Fact! We are even waxing lyrical about beating Switzerland now for f..is sake!! Roll on the weekend, let's get back to proper football!

Guest Steve French

It will be worth it when Rooney lifts the European Cup.

LIFT

To take that which is not yours

syn. gank, steal, boost, heist, etc.

E.g. I lifted some money from that store back there.

Switzerland are above us in the FIFA rankings, too right people are waxing lyrical.

People are too critical of the national team sometimes. It's not the 60's anymore.

I always find it a bit moronic people bemoaning the international games. I always suspect they don't have a real interest or understanding of football.

I always find it a bit moronic people bemoaning the international games. I always suspect they don't have a real interest or understanding of football.

I don't think people bemoan international football, just the same old turd regularly floating that is the Club England used car salesmen team and tabloid poster boys set up.

We lost the last game, and had key players missing who weren't too far off being available such as Hutchinson who should now be rested and ready to go, it will also allow the likes of Drenthe and Dielna the time to settle in.

This break came at a great time imo

Edited by Lee A

As someone who doesn't live in Sheffield I quite like the international matches. It is a chance to support a team with top players (in theory), in a pub where everyone supports the same team.

And we beat a team away from home who lost to a 118th minute goal against the World Cup Finalists, so yes, this was an excellent result.

Bemoaning international football!!? Maybe the morons are the ones who follow the gravy train sham that is the international game!! Blatter after all is doing an amazing job of looking after it all!..............The money the fans pay out to watch the product offered is just not right which ever way you look at it!....................These are some of the highest paid players in the world we are talking about............if i am a moron for challenging that then our beautiful game is truly in a mess!

I always find it a bit moronic people bemoaning the international games. I always suspect they don't have a real interest or understanding of football

Whilst I have obviously missed Wednesday and the domestic football in general last weekend it's International football and just different.

I suspect the same torres. I saw a few moronic comments at half time during the England game the other night like "England are gash" and "Rooney is fat and w**k". The first from a Pig fan which I found ironic when they have Rochdale up next!

Bottom line is that it's a new start and we went away to the 9th highest rank side in World and deservedly beat them 2-0 and showed some encouraging signs. Just enjoy that and enjoy our next game. I don't understand the negative at all.

As Lee A rightly said the international al break came at a good time for us and over the season could even be a blessing with the small squad we have.

Whilst I have obviously missed Wednesday and the domestic football in general last weekend it's International football and just different.

I suspect the same torres. I saw a few moronic comments at half time during the England game the other night like "England are gash" and "Rooney is fat and w**k". The first from a Pig fan which I found ironic when they have Rochdale up next!

Bottom line is that it's a new start and we went away to the 9th highest rank side in World and deservedly beat them 2-0 and showed some encouraging signs. Just enjoy that and enjoy our next game. I don't understand the negative at all.

As Lee A rightly said the international al break came at a good time for us and over the season could even be a blessing with the small squad we have.

True. It was a quality 3 day away trip, topped off with a good win, visiting 3 countries in the process. High points are much rarer at international level, especially following England, so you savour them a bit more when they do come along.