Official Loan Window Megathread 2014-2015

Guest wilyfox

Much rather have Grealish

Why? Paterson has shown capability in the championship, Grealish only has lower league experience.

at least with Paterson there's a chance of getting him permanently

^^ that.

Much rather have Grealish

As highly as I rate Grealish I disagree.

Short term Grealish is obviously the better player. BUT like Baker it's incredibly unlikely we'll be able to sign him permanently. Villa just want to loan him out to toughen him up a bit. Otherwise he's played quite often for Villa this season and been impressive, albeit from the bench.

Paterson would be a more realistic permanent signing and still the sort of winger we desperately need.

Both were on my list of 4 realistic players we should bend over backwards to get in some sort of capacity this season. But if it's one or the other you have to look long term.

Grealish does have a touch of the 'Waddle' about him though.

Why? Paterson has shown capability in the championship, Grealish only has lower league experience.

^^ that.

Not really done anything for a while, and Forest seem to want him out How many wingers have they signed Now the takeover is going through, I'd have hoped to get a bit better than Patterson

Short term Grealish is obviously the better player. BUT like Baker it's incredibly unlikely we'll be able to sign him permanently. Villa just want to loan him out to toughen him up a bit. Otherwise he's played quite often for Villa this season and been impressive, albeit from the bench.

Paterson would be a more realistic permanent signing and still the sort of winger we desperately need.

Both were on my list of 4 realistic players we should bend over backwards to get in some sort of capacity this season. But if it's one or the other you have to look long term.

nail on head

If I wasn't bothered about having him on loan, then I certainly wouldn't want him permanently. I don't think they have to be our players, especially if we can get better on loan.

Not really done anything for a while, and Forest seem to want him out How many wingers have they signed Now the takeover is going through, I'd have hoped to get a bit better than Patterson

They can sign as many wingers as they want, their manager is Stuart Pearce, he hasn't got a clue.

Guest wilyfox

Suspect we will go for Tom Ince if Paterson is a no go , Paterson is better though

I wouldn't say Paterson is better than Ince; more affordable than Ince though.

Sounds like Ince is heading to Derby on loan anyway.

Edited by wilyfox

I wouldn't say Paterson is better than Ince; more affordable than Ince though.

Sounds like Ince is heading to Derby on loan anyway.

If people are expecting us to suddenly sign people like tom Ince, I think we'll be disappointed.

Can't see us going mental, maybe have a small flutter to see if we can make play offs, but keep our powder dry for summer.

Edited by Hawkeye