Official Loan Window Megathread 2014-2015

Still in for McGugan according to SG , I'm looking forward to seeing young Baker play but i still think it's important we do what we can to get McGugan back ,he's a quality experienced midfielder at this level and we should be pulling out the stops to sign the lad permanently really

McGugan + Baker added to the midfield could bring goals and a massive difference to our chances of a top 10 finish if not cheeky push on the play offs

got to be excited at talented players  coming in as long as we don't sell our own defensive spine to pay for the midfield loan players

I hate supposed ITK posts as much as the next guy but I couldn't resist sharing this, though I won't an irritating t1t and start a new thread about it - my mate knows Paul Aldridge and apparently we're in for Vaz Te who turned us down earlier in the season because he thought he had a chance of working his way back into the team, but it's becoming clear that he won't.

Guest wilyfox

Chicken legs Dyer has been made available for loan by Watford. Would be a decent replacement for Drenthe I reckon

Yes, gerim in! Wanted him for years; quality crosser of a football.

In response to above questions on embargo in place on Forest, Leeds, and Blackburn.

They are allowed to sign players if they have less than 24 players on books over age 21. There is also a restriction on any deal they make for a player (loans included) not exceeding a sum of £600,000 in a year this figure includes wages, transfer fees, loan payments, and agents fees.

When I read this thought it would stop them signing decent permanent players but thought it was possible to get round by use of short term loans provided they did not have over bloated squad. Will impact them more in summer when preparing for new season. If sell someone can only replace using £600,000 limit.

By the way think Lewis Baker is exceptional player, another in of his quality and play off chances will improve.

Also, after posting mine above, i have read that (conveniently) a Forest fan won the skybet £250,000 thingy and that is what they can use.

Chicken legs Dyer has been made available for loan by Watford. Would be a decent replacement for Drenthe I reckon

I think we could do better. :ph34r: