Money at Forest

Guest Ripley Owl

This is what I can't understand. They've not got parachute payments, so how the hell does it work.

It seems like a load of shuffle this FFP stuff.

Same here Orlando, nothing seems to happen to the clubs that take the pees,

Although it's great for some chairmen to hide behind,

Especially when under pressure to open the wallet !

Forest have spent a shed load since Fawaz came in a couple of years ago and their books won't balance even with the 8 million for those two kids... which they pretty much spent the week after anyway. They've had a huge squad on big wages and have payed numerous big fees.

When do they assess FFP? Is it October? If they can just get round it with a shirt sponsorship then it's pretty pointless, although we were hoping that HM had done the same.

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Think Forest have gambled on going up this season.

Brighton did same a couple of years ago and are now having to cut there cloth accordingly.

Would much rather do what we are dong then risk getting into serious trouble like a few years ago.

We tried that once, gambling money on getting further up a division, it left us with 25 Million of Debt and losing all our core squad players.

I've no issue with being a mid-table championship team as long as we are playing competitive attacking football.

Guest Big Guns

Ive allways said you dont have to spend that much to get out of this division and forest will prove it. If we wer to spend about ten mill that wud sort it

this the few million forest have spent over the last few seasons is roger all compeared to the riches that await them when they get promoted

Guest Big Guns

I know I might get criticised for this but I am not sure I would enjoy us being in the premier league, getting beaten nearly every week and sky high prices. I can only just about afford Championship prices.

if you cant afford to go then you would have to become a part timer its about the club not individual skint fans

Guest Mancunian_Owl

if you cant afford to go then you would have to become a part timer its about the club not individual skint fans

Dude's voicing his opinion that Premiership prices would stop him going, don't be a douchebag about it.

Personally I prefer the Championship, its more competitive than the Premiership plus, let's be honest no-one ever talks about the teams outside the top 6.

I also agree £50 for a ticket to an away game is atrocious.

Guest Big Guns

Dude's voicing his opinion that Premiership prices would stop him going, don't be a douchebag about it.

Personally I prefer the Championship, its more competitive than the Premiership plus, let's be honest no-one ever talks about the teams outside the top 6.

I also agree £50 for a ticket to an away game is atrocious

douchebag lol you really said that 

Guest Mancunian_Owl

I also agree £50 for a ticket to an away game is atrocious

douchebag lol you really said that 

I love the word Douchebag, I feel like Owlstalk is often the perfect place to use it.

Even looking at the word seems kinda funny, its not an insult because the insult itself is funny.

Also you do realise you wrote inside the quote bubble as well  :st2:

This is what I can't understand. They've not got parachute payments, so how the hell does it work.

It seems like a load of shuffle this FFP stuff.

The January transfer window will be the first time the rules have actually been enforced. We'll find out then. By the rules, it should mean a transfer embargo in January, and then a fine next year if they go up. They may be assuming they won't need any more players in January, and that the Prem will be worth paying a fine for.

I think they're one of the clubs who have been desperately trying to get the rules overturned, along with Bournemouth.

Edited by arithmetic

Guest Big Guns

I love the word Douchebag, I feel like Owlstalk is often the perfect place to use it.

Even looking at the word seems kinda funny, its not an insult because the insult itself is funny.

Also you do realise you wrote inside the quote bubble as well

:st2:

Off course douchebag