Money at Forest

Staggering when you think that our potential 1st 11 next week will have cost us £1,200,000 which accounts for the Maguire and May transfers.

Forest have 2 players which they spent £6,500,000 on. Just highlights the difference between the 2 clubs and the benefits of having a minted owner. It also highlights that you can build a good team for next to nowt if you have a good manager and a hardworking bunch of lads.

I wonder if we actually looked at Burke before he signed for Forest. Obviously wouldn't have signed for us anyway due to wages etc.

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Lees and May both cost us a transfer fee to be honest and a lot of lads have cost us something to be honest. Forest are obviously going promotion or bust and have bought in the best players in the league to mount a serious challenge like QPR did last year.

If anyone remembers Burnley sold some of their best players during the summer but went on to get automatic promotion. Not just one way to get promoted

Lees and May both cost us a transfer fee to be honest and a lot of lads have cost us something to be honest. Forest are obviously going promotion or bust and have bought in the best players in the league to mount a serious challenge like QPR did last year.

If anyone remembers Burnley sold some of their best players during the summer but went on to get automatic promotion. Not just one way to get promoted

According to SG, Lees was a free.

Guest Mancunian_Owl

According to SG, Lees was a free.

I had heard we had to pay up two years of his wages either to Leeds or to Lees himself.

Staggering when you think that our potential 1st 11 next week will have cost us £1,200,000 which accounts for the Maguire and May transfers.

Forest have 2 players which they spent £6,500,000 on. Just highlights the difference between the 2 clubs and the benefits of having a minted owner. It also highlights that you can build a good team for next to nowt if you have a good manager and a hardworking bunch of lads.

I wonder if we actually looked at Burke before he signed for Forest. Obviously wouldn't have signed for us anyway due to wages etc.

Madine did cost us a bit of money as well. 

Got to imagine that they need to get promoted sooner than later.

Remind me of Leicester in that regard.

That level of spending simply isn't sustainable in the Championship, regardless of how rich your owners are.

The main reason they signed Antonio and Assombalonga (sp?) is because they sold their 2 prospects for £7m and got them back on loan.

When was the last time we got a  fee for a player apart from Antonio?

If we exclude Brunt(Circa 3m) and Bougherra (Circa 2.5m) I bet it's close to 15 years of selling players for us to get anywhere close to the figure of £7m.

This is what I can't understand. They've not got parachute payments, so how the hell does it work.

It seems like a load of shuffle this FFP stuff.

They have just sold £7m worth of players and got them back on loan. That will help for starters.