Sam Hutchinson playing tonight?

He didn't flag at all at the end of the Derby game. Saw him after as well and he was walking absolutely fine.

I reckon he'll start. If he's struggling we can always replace him for Semedo at half time.

I don't think his problem is general fitness - it's how his knees are feeling the day after

Think Sheffield Wednesday do not have enough money to be faffing about with players who we know can only play 75% of games maximum. Of course I do not know the exact details of his contract but would have only signed him on a pay as you play deal or similar.

Sheffield Wednesday also do not have enough money to bring in anyone close to Hutchinson's ability who can play every game.

So, what do you do? Sign a lesser player who can play more games? I'd rather the quality knowing that we have Semedo also in contention for the same place in the team.

I don't think his problem is general fitness - it's how his knees are feeling the day after

Think he mentioned in an interview though about how he's being allowed to manage that problem. If his knees hurt the next day I doubt he'd of been made to take part in the recovery session designed for other players.

I reckon we'll give him 45 mins and reassess.

Just wondered what other peoples thoughts are on Sam Hutchinson playing or not playing tonight.

Think because of his knees he may be unable to play 3 games a week.

I know he is a good player but if this is the case then I am sorry I would not have signed him.

We have got a too thin a squad for us to sign players we know are unable to play 3 games a week.

If he didn't have injury problems he would be playing for Chelsea!! Mourinho and Ancellotti rated him. If he can play in 2 3rds of our games, its great business!   

I'll take him missing the odd midweek game if it means he can make it through the season. Let's not forget this kid would be in the Chelsea team now if it wasn't for his injuries. In a way we have taken a wounded soldier from an elite fighting force, albeit one who has a few bits missing, and we are using him in our technically poorer army, but using him wisely on the battlefield.

Edited by mrgund

Reading that article on him in the National Press over the Summer I got the impression he doesn't struggle after games as much as some on here seem to think.

I think he'll start and will be subbed if the game is settled either way.

If he didn't have injury problems he would be playing for Chelsea!! Mourinho and Ancellotti rated him. If he can play in 2 3rds of our games, its great business!   

Think Sam Hutchinson is a top end Championship player when fit but to say if it was not for his knees he would be in the Chelsea team is a bit OTT.

Guest Danowl01

I can't understand the logic in this, if we have young premiership quality player makes a huge difference to how we play, who ends up playing 3/4 of this seasons games, why would you not sign him?

Surly thats better than an inconsistent championship player, playing every match?

Completely agree.

Edited by Danowl01

Matthefish seems to be living up to his username

Fair few bites tbf

Wouldn't that make him matthefisherman? lol

I know what you mean though, either a tedious spot of fishing or he's just a bit dumb.

Hutchinson is a premiership player, if we can get 75% of games out of him then he's well worth signing.

I think he'll surprise a few people with his longevity.  As some had said, he looked in tip-top nick towards the end of the last home game and was flying about like a lunatic.  He seems confident and happy (not like someone with the weight of a degenerative knee condition over-shadowing his career) and would we have given him two years if his knees were likely to conk at any minute.

If you're gonna worry about summat, worry about him cutting his hair!