Sam Hutchinson playing tonight?

Just wondered what other peoples thoughts are on Sam Hutchinson playing or not playing tonight.

Think because of his knees he may be unable to play 3 games a week.

I know he is a good player but if this is the case then I am sorry I would not have signed him.

We have got a too thin a squad for us to sign players we know are unable to play 3 games a week.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Just wondered what other peoples thoughts are on Sam Hutchinson playing or not playing tonight.

I know he is a good player but if this is the case then I am sorry I would not have signed him.

We have got a too thin a squad for us to sign players we know are unable to play 3 games a week.

I expect he will play tonight, Boro and Forest and then enjoy a decent break to rest up.

Guest wilyfox

I'd be tempted to play Semedo tonight instead. Millwall are an aggressive side. Hutch is becoming such an important player for us. With Lee facing a little spell on the sidelines, I wouldn't tempt fate with Hutch unnecessarily. Bring him back in against Boro.

So rather than have a player who can only play 2 out of 3 games you would rather not have signed anyone because we have a thin squad......ok

If he can not play 3 games a week I would rather we use his wages to sign someone else who can.

Lee is not playing tonight and if Sam Hutchinson knees are too sore to play I do not think we should have signed him.

I can't understand the logic in this, if we have young premiership quality player makes a huge difference to how we play, who ends up playing 3/4 of this seasons games, why would you not sign him?

Surly thats better than an inconsistent championship player, playing every match?

I'd be tempted to play Semedo tonight instead. Millwall are an aggressive side. Hutch is becoming such an important player for us. With Lee facing a little spell on the sidelines, I wouldn't tempt fate with Hutch unnecessarily. Bring him back in against Boro.

This is my thought, Semedo would be good for this match, he can get stuck in with less chance of coming off injured.

Guest wilyfox

This is my thought, Semedo would be good for this match, he can get stuck in with less chance of coming off injured.

It's not just the injury risk either. We know what Hutch is like with yellow cards, and with Millwall's style this fixture could boil over like it did at their place back in January with Coke seeing red.

I can't understand the logic in this, if we have young premiership quality player makes a huge difference to how we play, who ends up playing 3/4 of this seasons games, why would you not sign him?

Surly thats better than an inconsistent championship player, playing every match?

Think Sheffield Wednesday do not have enough money to be faffing about with players who we know can only play 75% of games maximum. Of course I do not know the exact details of his contract but would have only signed him on a pay as you play deal or similar.