Atdhe Nuihu

Guest UpTheOwlsss

From the Derby forum...........................

Strange one, we had the best chances today, but they dominated most of the play.

We weren't great, but I think that's because they were very good, and stopped us from playing our game. Their big lad upfront Is an absolute unit and caused us no end of problems but bucko and Keogh did quite well in fairness.

What an enigma this bloke is.

99% of his game is so good - and then he just can't finish.

It's a bit bizarre in all honesty. I don't know if finishing is something that you can teach?

Confidence is key. He'll never be clinical but as someone else suggested he'll probably be more successful by not trying to be too precise and instead just give it a lash.

Edited by Dagmeister

-

If he was so good and the game is 0-0, why would you sub him? I like him, but judge him based on what he brings to the team, not just because he runs around a lot .

Perhaps because he was a spent force. 

He's a big guy at the end of the day and as a result he's probably likely to tire quicker than someone a bit smaller than him. 

I don't he's a world beater by and stretch of the imagination, but he holds the ball up really well and he's a decent footballer that links things up. 

He also has huge knockers. 

Very good today shame about that chance he missed

He is technically so good it's unreal

Quote from Steve Mclaren' Atdhe Nuihu was a handful and we couldn't handle him in the first half and we were on the back foot '

I am afraid the line about being on the back foot is applicable to Nuhiu himself when the ball comes into the box.

About 65 minutes in May won a flick on / misdirected a header towards goal. If he had gambled that was a great chance from a few yards out.

I have said it before, he just does not have that striker's instinct. And you can't teach that to someone.

Hope to be proven wrong, but I doubly he will get 10 goals this season.

If people want to see a striker that scores more than he misses they need to get a season ticket at Old Trafford, Etihad, Anfield etc.

He's a centre forward in a team that finished lower mid table in the 2nd division. Get real!

You don't have all his attributes at this level and him also be able to rattle in 20-25 goals. Those players are in the elite or cost an absolute bomb.

May is there to score goals, as are the other 9 outfield players.

Laugh is Nuhiu missed as many straight forward chances as May today. Yet I didn't hear any groans when he missed a shot.

He was the best striker on the pitch today by far. And when you consider what they had uptop I can't see how anyone can grumble...

Seems I'm in the minority, but he's simply not good enough. He falls into the same group as O'Grady, Kuqi, Booth, Sodje etc. Players who's commitment you can never question, but just aren't good enough. Nuihu had about 4 good games last season, was poor at Brighton, average on Tues night and average again today, yet because he visibly puts a shift in, fans warm to him. We are weaker with him in the team.

When we took him off and brought Madine on we really struggled. So this shows me you really don't know what your talking about.

When we took him off and brought Madine on we really struggled. So this shows me you really don't know what your talking about.

TBF I thought Madine did OK today. Starting to look like a decent prospect again.

Apart from the finishing - I thought Nuhui had an outstanding game, leading the line.

TBF I thought Madine did OK today. Starting to look like a decent prospect again.

Apart from the finishing - I thought Nuhui had an outstanding game, leading the line.

Agree with this. Personally I'd have started with Nuhiu and Madine and introduced May from the bench as it seemed likely that he'll need a bit of time to adjust to the higher standard. That said Stu seems to know what he's doing!

Feel really sorry for him, cause in his position he will always be judged by his scoring rate.

So much more to him, though.

totally agree, the positions he got into against county were brilliant. Shame his finishing wasn't quite there that night as he'd have had a hat trick. But if he could finish too he wouldn't be with us. Let's hope that comes along with more training and then we can sell him on for a bit I cash or we'll be in a position to keep hold. Great player for the team, keep it up kid!

From the Derby forum...........................

Strange one, we had the best chances today, but they dominated most of the play.

We weren't great, but I think that's because they were very good, and stopped us from playing our game. Their big lad upfront Is an absolute unit and caused us no end of problems but bucko and Keogh did quite well in fairness.

Hope we get comments like this throughout the season. Shows what a tremendous job SG is doing with this team!

Guest JohnFantham

No grumbles here for any of the forwards today and indeed for any of the other players.Personally I really enjoyed a good game today between two good sides.

If Nuhiu was a regular scorer (on top of his work ethic and general play) he wouldn't be playing in the Championship, it's as simple as that.

Exactly. Agree 100% with this. Its the same for all our team. Moaning and groaning about a misplaced pass or a misdirected shot is counter productive really.

If Nuhiu or any other player in our squad didn't make mistakes or wasn't inconsistent they wouldn't be playing for us.

I'm not a Nuhiu fan, but I do think he had a good game today. I hope he keeps it up and while ever he plays for us i'll support him.

I thought he started a bit slow today but after about ten minutes he created no end of problems. He received the ball from all angles controls it and under considerable pressure lays it off, often taking two players out of the game. His contribution to the team is very important and SG knows that. Anybody who watches us knows that too. He will score goals, it's just a matter of how many.

Edited by mike312