Joe mattock

Everyone is saying he was excellent bit still no one has said why? I said he wasn't awful today, but he is a poor player in my opinion. Defensively he was okay, he always worries me though, has no pace whatsoever and isn't as great on the ball as some on here male out. And as for him going forward he offers nothing! If you disagree, instead of saying empty comments give Me your reason because so far no one has.

You are entitled to your opinion.  IMO Joe Matock is certainly not without pace, going forward he links up well with Maghoma and puts in some excellent crosses, his defending in our first two games does not justify criticism at all.

Will that do?

Are you serious?! He was poor! What did he do well? And for those saying he can certainly cross a ball, when did he put a good cross in please? Helan needs to be in for him asap.

Best player so far this season along this along with Nuhiu, let's get him out in favour of a bloke who can't play football?

I'm ok with Helan at LB, much less frightening than when he tries to be a winger, but he summed himself up in the first 20 seconds when he came on today, won the ball, then ran towards the touch line, fell over the ball and gave away a throw.

There's absolutely no comparison, Mattock is by far the better player

Mattock has been much improved this season and his link up play with Maghoma has been better generally than the link up play between Palmer and Maguire. I'm not one for knocking just for knockings sake and Mattock is starting to show his Championship worth thanks to a decent run in the side.

No surprise to me. As soon as DJ left SG did a great job of letting all the players know the slate was clean and made them feel wanted and more importantly they knew they would get a proper chance.

Gray has excellent man management skills and it shows with the effort our players put in these days. Just need 1 or 2 quality additions to push up the league.

Edited by steelcityowlsfan