Sheffield Wednesday vs Notts County - Official Match Day Thread

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Venue: The Wembley of the North

Kick-Off: 7.45

Weather Forecast : Pleasant Summers evening - could be a bit breezy

Recommended Stud Length: Pitch Should be perfect, short studs, NO BLADES!

Recommended Drink: BEER!!

Recommended Pie: BALTI PIE ... first one of the season...

Recommended Supporters Apparel: Team Shirt, blue and white scarf, Blue and white gloves , MASSIVE flag. AND MASSIVE voice. and a light jacket!!

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Forecast result :

Our Premier ready squad bolstered with the goal wizard that is Stevie May 3-0.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!! UTO...

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head
  • This will be the first meeting between the two sides in the League Cup. Sheffield Wednesday have won three of their last four league clashes with Notts County.
Sheffield Wednesday
  • Wednesday's defeat to Rotherham in the opening round of this competition last year was the first time they had lost at that stage since 2008-09.
  • The Owls' haven't conceded in any of their last four League Cup games at Hillsborough.
Notts County
  • Notts County haven't kept a clean sheet in their last six League Cup games.
  • Liverpool needed extra-time to see off the Magpies in their second-round clash at Anfield last year.

Guest PrincessWendy

Morning -everyone - for once my prediction came true on Saturday so I'm going to make sure that doesn't happen again!

I think it's all-out attack to please the fans (we don't really need this competition if things go wrong) - so I think:

Us 5 (Nuhiu 2, May 2, Lee) V 0 Them

Got the post in the correct thread at last!

Bless you

Princess Wendy

Edited by PrincessWendy

Good morning fellow MGG-ers.

Hoping that we don't mess up tonight, after the surprise win at Brighton. It's the Wednesday way lol

Think we're made of sterner stuff than in recent years though, so i'll predict an easy 3-0 win.

Dunno who'll be playing so I dunno who'll score

It's all a bit of a distraction really this one.  Would be better to build on Saturday's fine win with a solid week's training and allowing SM to bed in with the squad and getting Buxton and Helan up to speed.

Never mind as long as we come through without any injuries to key players, I really don't see us losing this one.  A convincing win would be good to remove any lingering doubts about our home form this season - oh, and another clean sheet as well.

Result:  Owls 3 ( Maghoma, Madine, May) - 0 Notts C :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: ................. and all set up for a cracker against Derby!

Guest 1banana2banana

Nailed on for May to score tonight, got the same feeling I had when we signed Rodri prior to another night game, bookies at hillsborough said they'd never had so many bets on a player to score