2nd Annual Kevin Wright Memorial Shield

Guest JonTheOwl66

Had a game tonight and my knees swollen up a little now. Keep you updated but not looking promising which is f*cking annoying.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Yep, hilarious int it Mark. Had to play the full game and im still in too early stages of full recovery to manage that. I'll try my best and keep it iced and rested.

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Still need a keeper .... Or gloves at least

Both myself and Hawkeye have had stints in net previously, both ended in Hilarity especially when you see what Hawkeye does on the corners  :tango:

I have some gloves stored away somewhere, we'll ask at the game who can play in net, I don't mind going in net for half a game / 1/4 a game as long as you all realise I'm gash and likely to try and dribble past their entire team everytime I get the ball.

Both myself and Hawkeye have had stints in net previously, both ended in Hilarity especially when you see what Hawkeye does on the corners  :tango:

I have some gloves stored away somewhere, we'll ask at the game who can play in net, I don't mind going in net for half a game / 1/4 a game as long as you all realise I'm gash and likely to try and dribble past their entire team everytime I get the ball.

Ok, well I suppose we have at least 3 people who can go int net (I can go in, but didn't want to go in for all game ... plus I don't have any gloves.

Would still highly contest against 352.

What time is LoD KO ?

Edit - No doubt I'll be picking SiJ up from the Train station (cause he can't forward-roll to Aston).   Everyone else, please let me know if you need a lift and we'll try and sort it out.

Edited by Euse

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Train Station sounds good...

We ain't playing 3-5-2 by the way - it was a joke.

4 4 f*cking 2 all the way.

I prefer to play 1-2-1-3-4 formation, especially if the ref doesn't notice you can then have 12 lads on the pitch.

Yes mate - your dad reffing at 1pm, Essix Blue reffing at 3pm.

Hope they've both got good eyes :)

Are you lads having just 13 players? Hope they all turn up!

Could do with borrowing your nets for both games - though I'd understand if you want to take them home with you after the first.

Okay cool :) same here haha

Think we may have 14 now as 1 player wasn't sure if he was playing as he had a game with his sunday league side but he's sorted it with them, so he's okay to play now. We'll deffo have enough for a team anyway, i'm pretty sure all 13/14 will turn up :)

A few of us will probably stay anyway to watch the 2nd game, scout our opposition ready for the final  :biggrin: just joking, but i'm pretty sure some of us may stay to watch the 2nd game 

2nd KEVIN WRIGHT MEMORIAL SHIELD

Semi-finals

Sunday 31st August

Leonard Kyte Recreation Ground, Aston, S26 3UT
(click link for directions - DO NOT PARK ON WEST LANE)

Semi-final 1

1pm

OwlsOnline - Kev's Barmy Army

(blue & white stripes) - (red & black stripes)

Swinton_owl 1 Kyle
          Kop Owl 2 Joe
              RobHirst9 3 Jordan 
                 Joshua
4 Aaron 
                Callum 5 Chris 
            griff1972 6
Nick
                   Harry 7 Scott
              rubes82 8 Luke
Marsden_George 9 Andy
                      si_owl 10 Richard
        Epworthowl 11 Jake

NSM 12 Ryan

Theak 13 Chris H
           Dale 14
           Greg

Semi-final 2

3pm

AFC Owlstalk - Land of Dire

(yellow) - (black)
                             Kivo 1 Mancunian_Owl

Bully  2  SiJ
                  Big Malc  3  EcclesallOwl
                smhouston  4  barmyowl1212
                        Luke  5 JonTheOwl66
                             Will 6 Babushka1867
                 Dan 7 Sharpey
             Olu 8 Euse
                     Paul  9  maldenowl
                   Rob  10  Hawkeye
                                Eccy_Owl  11  SouthStand Gentleman
young Brad  12  Tom
                                   Plop  13  WORKSOP_OWL
               Fras 14 Fraser
    Mick 15

Edited by KivoOwl

Okay cool :) same here haha

Think we may have 14 now as 1 player wasn't sure if he was playing as he had a game with his sunday league side but he's sorted it with them, so he's okay to play now. We'll deffo have enough for a team anyway, i'm pretty sure all 13/14 will turn up :)

A few of us will probably stay anyway to watch the 2nd game, scout our opposition ready for the final  :biggrin: just joking, but i'm pretty sure some of us may stay to watch the 2nd game 

Brilliant - if we can have the nets again for the 2nd match it'd be much appreciated - I'm sure someone would drop them off for you after if you left early.

Hope you all bring your fivers - you're the only team I haven't got any money from haha

What's the 14th mans name?

Edited by KivoOwl

It's fine to use the nets for the 2nd game mate :)

Ye everybody will pay who plays, they all know about it. The 14th man is called Danny. Up to now they have all said that they're turning up. I know the majority of the team and i'm confident that they'll turn up 

This might sound like a daft question but has a decent ball been sorted out for the games? Think we have some poles for corner flags that we can use if needed too

Land Of Dire Team

• Make sure you're there in plenty of time on Sunday.  This is so we can confirm we've actually got a full team of 11 (at least) and sort out who's playing where etc.  Ideally aim to be there for no later than 14:30  -  plus we can finish watching the first match kicking off before us !

• Hopefully we'll have some people going in the net for a period of time, which resolves our Keeper crisis.  But any volunteers (especially those with gloves) would be welcomed.

• Anybody that needs a lift to Aston should speak up now, so we can try and organise lifts for you.  (Ideally - send me a PM with your mobile number).

• Make sure you're bringing your own black shirt and football boots.  Ideally shin-pads as well, cause we don't want any broken legs !  I'd also recommend a change of clothes because, if it gets muddy, your car will get filthy.

• Don't forget to bring some extra cash for the raffle (assuming that's still happening) and then for a few beers afterwards.