The Kit Stampede July 1993

Does everything seem rosy in the past?

Came across this in that free newspaper "The Owl" in July 1993.  What a difference 21 years makes ;-)

Kit launch beginning of July -  1,000 shirts sold in one morning ? - nah it never happened.

kit_zpse02fdfae.jpg

My first memory is going to the shop with my mum to buy this whole home kit including the socks.

I wore it every day and one day i got the top signed by Chris Bart Williams, I was in the paper with him and another fan at the opening of a book shop.

I had a bogey in my nose in the paper and a mullet I believe.

Edited by Tasmanian Masked Owl

Shop manager 'amazed' - why be amazed that a good kit backed up by a good on field product will equal big big sales at a club with big support? 21 yrs on the club are still 'amazed' by how quickly the kit shifts and we STILL can't sort supply issues. All it takes is some planning and coordination between the kit supplier and club. And still a totally BLANK page on the club site when u click on away kit, the damn season starts in 2 days - so embarrassing. Why do I think this sets the tone for the season.......

My nan got me the away one in a carboot sale while we were still playing in it.

The quality was amazing, as a child reading all the loging and patterning almost hiddern in the shirt was hypnotising.

It used to come out the wash exactly the same as it went in......

I wouldn't buy the new kit for my child, at all, I'd be embarrased to be seen with them.