Stevie May

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Can I say if this happens I'm buzzing

Antonio did naff all last season

His end product at times is awful

Yes he has some strengths like his strength for example and he can also now and again produce the goods but for me on the right mid chris Maguire is a better player

More consistent better shot and cross

Some of them goals are better than any of our strikers have scored in years, I hope this pulls off

The boy likes a shot on target - in recent times only Maguire has had the nads to put his foot through the ball - often with sensational results - that spectacular effort against the Dingles in the last minute last year a particular favourite.

Guest scunthorpeowl1996

Yes he has some strengths like his strength for example and he can also now and again produce the goods but for me on the right mid chris Maguire is a better player

Agreed, better techincal wise and i think Maghoma can put a better ball in aswell.

Yes I think that Antonio is a good player who can improve with hard work and a bit of luck. I don't think that he is vital to our current squad though and if all the money realised is appropriately reinvested then I can see it improving the squad.

We can't even make a £1m profit on the player we're just about to sell to Forest. What makes you think we could should we buy/sell May in the future?

Rumours are that we will make c£1m profit on Antonio but in fairness nothing is concrete and perhaps the true figures will never be known. I'll judge the success of the transaction on who the sale allows us to bring in and how they perform.

Edited by Dagmeister

May is a really good signing on a good long contract. He's good in the air and can shoot. We would need wide cover still as a minimum.

Are we talking someone who is a replacement for Nuhiu here? I know it's a squad game, but do we think he will be a likely starter, or mainly used from the bench. Our squad packed with central midfield players, plus the pursuit of the French lad, suggests it will be five across the middle and only one up front. Does he play that role for St Johnstone?

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Exactly probably seems like I'm Being bitter but I'm genuinely not

Before any of this news he wasn't in my 11 for Brighton

Granted he would come off the bench

But he's not all that

Btw may set to sign Friday I think

Are we talking someone who is a replacement for Nuhiu here? I know it's a squad game, but do we think he will be a likely starter, or mainly used from the bench. Our squad packed with central midfield players, plus the pursuit of the French lad, suggests it will be five across the middle and only one up front. Does he play that role for St Johnstone?

I think that SG likes to vary tactics. He rates Nuhiu so I'd still expect him to feature regularly if not in all games.

As someone who's probably seen quite a bit of him, would you say he was quick, or is he more of a poacher

He's no slouch but not pacey like an Antonio or JJ. Best way to describe him is he's a natural finisher. Decent with both feet, a box predator and a clever wee player too that makes intelligent runs. He's one of those strikers that has the knack of being in the right place at the right time. Personally I would be very pleased if we signed him.

He's no slouch but not pacey like an Antonio or JJ. Best way to describe him is he's a natural finisher. Decent with both feet, a box predator and a clever wee player too that makes intelligent runs. He's one of those strikers that has the knack of being in the right place at the right time. Personally I would be very pleased if we signed him.

Sounds like exactly what we need.

lol 1m profit there's only a couple of things wrong with that.

Sell on clause, reading get a chunk.

Wages etc... We've spent money on Antonio over his time with us I very much doubt we're making a large profit. In football terms 1m is f all money nowadays.

If we can sign this lad, who lets be honest, knows where the net is , even though he`s been playing in a pub league, and pray Milan gives Gray the rest of the cash to bring in another 2 quality players , then we could have the makings of a half decent side, and some positivity may return. It all depends on weather Milan gives Gray ALL the cash to spend. I also fell the french lad will be the first player through the door once Florist have shown us the colour of their money.

Rumours are that we will make c£1m profit on Antonio but in fairness nothing is concrete and perhaps the true figures will never be known. I'll judge the success of the transaction on who the sale allows us to bring in and how they perform.

We paid £850k for Antonio.

We paid x amount signing on fee to Antonio.

We could well own Reading 25% of the fee we receive for Antonio.

The figure we have accepted from Forest is mainly stated as £1.5m.

Take £850k fee and say £50k signing on fee from £1.5m. You have £600k. That is before we know whether Reading have a sell-on clause fee owed to them and before we know the exact fee agreed with Forest (we'll probably never know that, I wonder why!).

How much did Antonio cost in wages? 2 seasons at, say £8k a week seem fair? That is £832k spent on Antonio in wages.

Not sure where this £1m profit is (which is still peanuts for an over-inflated market for English players that we currently live in).

lol 1m profit there's only a couple of things wrong with that.

Sell on clause, reading get a chunk.

Wages etc... We've spent money on Antonio over his time with us I very much doubt we're making a large profit. In football terms 1m is f all money nowadays.

Is the sell on clause a fact or assumption. The money spent on Antonio since his signing have contibuted to promotion and staying up. You can still get bargains for under a miliion.