Stevie May

Can anybody clear up the report on Sky Sports News which says 'St Johnstone reiterate Rothetham are the only club to seek permission to speak to striker Stevie May'

This has probably already been mentioned but i can't be bothered to trawl through 41 pages

I can clear it up - this is definitely what it says on SSN.

Stevie May decides who he's going to talk to.

Guest May17

Hey guys,

Another St Johnstone fan here.

If you sign May you are getting some prospect, a massive bargain too. I've never seen a more natural goal scorer. Having watched him from a young scrawny lad to a top goal scorer it gives you enormous pride, especially when you know he is doing it for the team he grew up supporting.

I'd said his two goals against Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup semi final sum him up. If you can find them online, check them out (I still watch them on sky+ at least once a week). When he came back to Saints at start of last season after two successful loan spells he had really sorted himself out. He's done a lot of gym work and has some amount of strength.

He has a couple weaknesses... He's very greedy. Shoot on sight type of player when there may be a better option. He also has a tendancy to dive, a lot and does not get back to his feet easily. He'd rather moan at the ref. Something he needs to grow out of.

His partnership with Steven MacLean has been fantastic. Looks like we all absolutely adore Macca. What a guy.

I think you lot would be a decent fit for Stevie and if he does sign for you, I will definitely be keeping an eye out for your results.

P.s

I hate deep fried mars bars, whisky, our league is of a decent standard and I'm voting yes!

As with any signing they can be hit and miss. Maguire played in Scotland and he looks a fantastic prospect now.

On the other hand you get the likes of Goodwillie who havent really done it.

On face value though, he looks good and reminds me very much of Craig Mackail Smith.