Stevie May

What can I say? Absolutely gutted he's leaving but it was a day all St Johnstone fans knew would come one day.

In over 30 years of watching saints, Stevie May is without a doubt the best young player, if not the best player I've seen at the club. The kid has it all, pace, power, directness, an eye for goal, everything.

Someone suggested he wasn't at his best playing up front alone, I would question that. Last season Steven MacLean missed a large part of it through injury and Stevie did play up front on his own. Yeah, he's probably not at his best alone up front but he's more that capable.

If it weren't for the fact the a Scotland Under-21s had qualifiers, May would be a full international by now and will almost certainly be in the squad for the upcoming qualifying campaign.

He simply doesn't give defenders a moments peace, his movement and work rate are exceptional. He's sometimes a bit selfish, but is that a bad thing in a striker.

Believe me, it doesn't matter if the fee's £800k or £1million+, Wednesday have got the bargain of the season!

Cheers for that mate, sounds like a decent young player, if he does well here the fans will get right behind him trust me.

I have just spoken to Milan Mandaric who confirms #SWFC have placed a bid for Stevie May and they are now in dialogue with St Johnstone

Mandaric 'Stuart Gray has the green light, we need two good strikers. We are desperate for two strikers' #SWFC

Edited by Liamswfc92

Guest AidanSSjfc

They don't need any more fans, Scottish Football's Booming!, St Johnstone's Home average attendance playing In Scotland's Glitzy exciting worldy popular top ranking premier pub league Is a MASSIVE 3.806 fans with an astonishing top attendance of 7.231 no doubt against the all conquering Jimmy Saville FC.....

Scotland's the only place to be In the football world.. :biggrin:

Sound like a Rotherham fan, poor show

I want to tell you

I might as well do

About a boy who can do anything

He plays for Wednesday

He loves the ladies

Stevie May, Stevie May, Stevie May

Don't be soft

That's Lee's song!

I wanna tell you

I might as well do

About a boy who can do anything

He comes from Oldham

His touch is golden 

KIERAN LEE KIERAN LEE KIERAN LEE

I have just spoken to Milan Mandaric who confirms #SWFC have placed a bid for Stevie May and they are now in dialogue with St Johnstone

Mandaric 'Stuart Gray has the green light, we need two good strikers. We are desperate for two strikers' #SWFC

Green light for two strikers?

Chuffin hell Milan, do you want to go lie down or something pal?

Does anyone else have visions of MM phoning SG and whispering down the phone, Stuart.......Green Light....*hangs up*

And a casual smirk broadens across Stuart's face?

Hee hee.

It is time!

GREEN CHUFFIN LIGHT!!!!

Edited by FlyingOwl

Jonathan Buchan ‏@jonathanbuchan 2m

Jonathan Buchan ‏@jonathanbuchan 1m

we are meant to be getting a striker along with the fee for antonio, some saying blackstock but i doubt it

Having seen the videos on YouTube it's a no from me. Most of his goals are scored in the area and the rest are speculative long range efforts. Plus as I'm sure has already been pointed out there are too many penalties and tap ins.

Looks like we'll have to settle for Ronaldo and Messi then, nmind.

Jonathan Buchan ‏@jonathanbuchan 2m

Jonathan Buchan ‏@jonathanbuchan 1m

roger me. The elusive green light at long last. That was one traffic light I thought was well and truly un-workable.