Stevie May

Steve Evans appears quite odious. The thing is though is that he is a cracking manager with a great track record to prove it. He uses every tool in his box to achieve results. He's very good at the "no-one likes us because they're scared of little old us" - so much so that he had the pig fans hating Rovrum last season.

I don't know how I'd feel if he became our manager. On one hand, I can't stand him but on the other hand, his record as a manager that can deliver is second to none. Evans is one of life's paradoxes. He looks like your archetypical loser but he is unbelievably successful.

He'll get snapped up by one of the big teams soon. Possibly, he may not have the tools to handle a big team but I wouldn't be surprised if he was very successful.

Yeah but the "no-one likes us because they're scared of little old us" only works if you're at a little club. That's why the big/MASSIVE teams haven't taken him on.

Oh, and cos he's a *** ****!

Rotherham are the diddiest of the diddies. Very happy Stevie told them to bolt. Evans had a hard sell but Wednesday sells itself. The Rotherham fans have been very disrespectful on our Saints forum too.

Rotherham fans are the very definition of the term 'Chav'

They make Barnsley fans look intelligent.

Steve Evans appears quite odious. The thing is though is that he is a cracking manager with a great track record to prove it. He uses every tool in his box to achieve results. He's very good at the "no-one likes us because they're scared of little old us" - so much so that he had the pig fans hating Rovrum last season.

I don't know how I'd feel if he became our manager. On one hand, I can't stand him but on the other hand, his record as a manager that can deliver is second to none. Evans is one of life's paradoxes. He looks like your archetypical loser but he is unbelievably successful.

He'll get snapped up by one of the big teams soon. Possibly, he may not have the tools to handle a big team but I wouldn't be surprised if he was very successful.

This season will be the highest level he's ever managed at.

Let's see how he does before hailing him as the transvestite Mourinho.

He's always had better resources at his disposal than his competitors and there is a whole list of managers that are successful at lower levels that couldn't cut the blusher when they step up.

From what I've seen of Stevie May, albeit on Sky playing in Scotland last season, he will offer us something different.

He doesn't rely exclusively on chances being given to him on a plate but makes a good percentage of his own chances, his pace and movement looked good, although we'll have to consider the pace of his opposing defenders in the SPL in that. People have also pointed out that he doesn't score that much with his head:- did Gary Lineker? (not that I'm comparing him just yet  :rolleyes: )

I think we need to ask Steve Evans his opinion on this one he has after all eaten ALL the pies.

...he must have sampled them when he made the effort to sign May by travelling all the way up past Edinburgh and along the M/A9 to Perth. He would agree I'm sure...him being an honest man with a certain humility about him.

From what I've seen of Stevie May, albeit on Sky playing in Scotland last season, he will offer us something different.

He doesn't rely exclusively on chances being given to him on a plate but makes a good percentage of his own chances, his pace and movement looked good, although we'll have to consider the pace of his opposing defenders in the SPL in that. People have also pointed out that he doesn't score that much with his head:- did Gary Lineker? (not that I'm comparing him just yet  :rolleyes: )

Some of the goals scored in that clip remind me of what Connor Wickham brought to us. Slightly selfish but brimming with confidence.

They're playing the wage structure card at the moment but they have signed a hell of a lot of players and if be surprised if they are making ends meet. It's pretty much unviable to do that in this league.

In all seriousness - and, without bitterness, I don't know how they do it.

It can't be sustainable with their crowds.

I'm expecting it to all end in tears.