Statement

I thought it said the deal will go through. I'm happy to wait a while longer than see the deal collapse and have the frustrations of the odd decent loan signing every now and then.

A post I 100% agree with. Patience is a necessity as a Wednesday fan! 

Wonder if mamma will drop us a few mill' to make some signings?

Surely if he truly intends to be the owner and has the money he would do that. Or isn't he allowed? I dunno how it works, but surely he won't sit back and watch his future club be a relegation team. Suddenly wishing the new season wasn't 2 weeks away

Guest Ferkorf

Despite the delay, I am still committed to fully supporting Stuart in his preparations and this has been demonstrated by the permanent signings of Keiren Westwood and Sam Hutchinson along with the contract extensions agreed with Chris Kirkland, Glenn Loovens and Jose Semedo....

So signing 3 of our own players and two free transfers is demonstrating by supporting S.G...

lol

total farce , this situation is becoming more than a little bit ridiculous 2 weeks from the season start with a worse squad than the pitiful excuse we had at the end of the last season . it alright saying be patient and wait for the dodgy git to get his affairs sorted but with this squad , sorry handful of players , we will be down by christmas

Guest Steve French

Some of you lot are a flipping joke. Get back to school, get laid.

Probably not the best advice to grown men...

"This has delayed him from traveling to the UK as he had originally planned and hindered his ability to conclude the takeover.

During this time, however, the due diligence process has been completed"

Surely that calms everyone?!

I think most people are worried about the delay effecting our season than whether it will happen or not. Well I am anyway. On 10 June I wasn't expecting us to have a weaker squad than last season

"Mr Mammadov’s advisors have been in constant dialogue with the directors of the club and an excellent working relationship has been built between both sides."

"both parties confirmed their commitment to complete the sale"

"I continue to believe that he will be a wonderful custodian for this great club and I am very excited at his plans for the future.” 

Don't have to read into everything slightly non-positive!

Edited by EcclesallOwl

"This has delayed him from traveling to the UK as he had originally planned and hindered his ability to conclude the takeover.

Makes me wonder why the due diligence wasn't done before the first announcement tbh.

depends on  what you want to hear i suppose but that was the sentence that jumped out at me until 

we hope to update you further before the first game that worries me and i'm a clapper :mama:

I think most people are worried about the delay effecting our season than whether it will happen or not. Well I am anyway. On 10 June I wasn't expecting us to have a weaker squad than last season

Fair enough

Although I'd say our squads exactly the same as the one that finished last season, with a better a keeper and a worse striker force (unless Nuhiu, Lavery or Madine have improved). Whether that team could keep us up is a different matter!

So would it be fair to summarise thus...

Milans money sits in an Escrow account !

Our money is yet to materialise.

Milan won't spend a penny on the club as a token of good will towards his Azeri Buddy (Trust issue).

We won't be getting any squad additions before the season kick off.

Finally, Milan wants us to keep our gobs shut until the next announcement !

Is that the size of it ?