Which SWFC player are you?

Novel - Faster Than The Speed Of Love - Brian Griffin (unfinished)

Album - Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables - Dead Kennedys

Age - 49

Meal - Full English with orange juice, toast & strong coffee.

Ha ha! Extra points for having the confidence to pick a breakfast, this player's clearly not shy of a trick or two. However, you've chosen a fictional work of fiction, but your album contains two of my favourite works ever. So: an overly confident player, but a bit porky, with two moments of class. You are Nigel Jemson!

Ha ha! Extra points for having the confidence to pick a breakfast, this player's clearly not shy of a trick or two. However, you've chosen a fictional work of fiction, but your album contains two of my favourite works ever. So: an overly confident player, but a bit porky, with two moments of class. You are Nigel Jemson!

Result. We were at West Ham when he popped that injury time winner in. I'll take that, thanks, pontif ract-cake.

Guest eggsarnie

The prodigy - autobiography

Hybrid - wider angles

cod salsa on bed of wild rice with star anise

if I get b linighan I'm ending it all !

The prodigy - autobiography

Hybrid - wider angles

cod salsa on bed of wild rice with star anise

if I get b linighan I'm ending it all !

Well, a bit of breakbeat suggests a keen dancer, a smooth mover, but the book choice suggests better days before, and just because star anise annoys me, you are Wade Small!

Right, some of you might not know this but:

a) I'm really bored and

b) I'm a gifted psychological profiler.

What you need to do is state:

1) Your favourite novel-None

2) Your favourite album- Craig David 7 Days

3) Your age- 26

4) What meal you'd cook to impress somebody- Some pasta dish with chicken

And I will tell you who your SWFC alter ego is.

This will last until something else actually happens.

Right, some of you might not know this but:

a) I'm really bored and

b) I'm a gifted psychological profiler.

What you need to do is state:

1) Your favourite novel-None

2) Your favourite album- Craig David 7 Days

3) Your age- 26

4) What meal you'd cook to impress somebody- Some pasta dish with chicken

And I will tell you who your SWFC alter ego is.

This will last until something else actually happens.

Chicken and pasta very much the duet of a modern footballer. Although 7 Days was a single, he does seem to have a packed schedule which would make it difficult to manage two games in a week. You are Anthony Gardner.

Well, here's a mercurial talent. A combination of otherworldly skills and graft, with ethereal skill which perhaps grates after a while. Bags of character and a real Sheffield favourite, you're only Terry Bloody Curran!

Why thank you your Holyness!

Novel - Shades of Grey/Jasper Fforde

Album - Closer/Joy Division

Age - 49

Food - Churrasco

Well, this is a mixed bag. The concept of colour perception as class-defining is quite a thing, so we're looking for someone whose career straddled the switch from black and white to colour broadcasting. Churrasco is of course South American, and Closer is a masterpiece admittedly, but bleak in places, and what could be bleaker than just two goals from 162 appearances such as that provided by Peter Rodrigues?

1. Vernon God Little. DBC Pierre

2. Dare!

3. 48

4. Pierogi.

Now, this is difficult. Vernon God Little suggests a man spiralling wildly out of control, whereas Dare! is almost a gathering of electronica into a more coherent piece, whereas Pierogi are a an odd choice of dish to impress, although impressive. If I may, I'd suggest that the wild happenings in Vernon God Little and the greater structure and focus of Dare combine to give the effect of a man finding his position in the world (or the team) and the dumplings refer both to the disappointing end to his career at Wednesday and the dough-brained decision to let him leave. You, sir, are Paul Warhurst.

Guest Strap

American Psycho

"Ok, Computer" - Radiohead

Smoked Salmon with a fried egg, new potatoes, and Spinach. 

American Psycho

"Ok, Computer" - Radiohead

Smoked Salmon with a fried egg, new potatoes, and Spinach. 

Well, I think the narrative style of American Psycho lends itself to a methodical player, who operates with great order; how this sits with Ok Computer is not immediately obvious, but then it becomes clear, and the orange smoked salmon makes it certain. As a player, a maverick talent; as a manager, a disciplinarian; as a colour-of-hair,orange. You are gary megson!

Brideshead Revisited - Evelyn Waugh

Feast of Wire - Calexico

Scrambled Egg

Well, this is a mixture and a half. Brideshead Revisited, of course, provides some nostalgia for a time of greater virtue and piety, so perhaps the footballer's version of this would be an old-school haircut. Calexico show pronounced country influences, and, well, have you ever seen a performance as scrambled as that famously served up by mop-haired country boy Jon Beswetherick?

Edited by PopePiusX