Gervais Martel

Guest Big Guns

Just can't see it happening.

Not sure I particular want it to.

you dont want the takeover to happen you happy with milan and his just do enough to stay up idea that will lead to certain relegation

you dont want the takeover to happen you happy with milan and his just do enough to stay up idea that will lead to certain relegation

Nothing to do with that.

More concerned about whether this guy taking over is a good thing or not.

Don't buy into the notion that we can just separate the events that are going off at Lens with our own situation.

You are getting your clappers mixed up anyway BG.

Surely a clapper - by your own definition - tells us that everything is fine and hunky dory.

Or are you now a happy clapper?

Guest Big Guns

Nothing to do with that.

More concerned about whether this guy taking over is a good thing or not.

Don't buy into the notion that we can just separate the events that are going off at Lens with our own situation.

You are getting your clappers mixed up anyway BG.

Surely a clapper - by your own definition - tells us that everything is fine and hunky dory.

Or are you now a happy clapper?

dont think i said your a clapper sidney 

not sure wots going on this pre season it promised so much and as usual as delivered flip all 

we cant go on with milan as the owner for another season surely not 

This pre-season is a bit like a faulty firework.  We're all under the impression that Mammadov coming in is going to massively change the football club and apart from a few signings (one or two of which are proper quality), nothing else has happened apart from the usual shirt release.  Its an anti-climax, I think a lot of people (myself included) thought this would be done and dusted quickly and we'd start spending money like water.  I guess the reality, however boring it is, is that these things do take time.  The FL don't seem to be doing much to tell anyone what is going on, but the fact that noone at the club has come out and said anything at all isn't helping either.  Its all cloak and dagger stuff and Wednesdayites aren't known for their patience.  We need some answers and soon as forums like this go into meltdown if all the answers aren't neatly arranged in front of us all.  I'm guessing between MM and HM there's a plan in place, its just that none of us are privy to it.

Whoever honestly thinks that whatever is going on at Lens has no bearing on us needs their heads testing.

It has every bearing and people need to wake up. The FL can take as long as they want to ratify our takeover, are you saying that they are just turning a blind eye to what is happening in France? Off course their not, although they don't have to publicly state this to be the case.

I suspect until the Lens situation is sorted through whatever appeal process they have available to them we will just have to wait.

I hope i'm wrong but I doubt I am.

How does what's happening in France affect our takeover though?

What do you perceive that that the FA are seeing happen in France and it's putting them off?

I have to admit I agree - the longer it goes on, the more chance of it not going though..There are clearly big problems, we are just in the dark as to what they are.   All the speculation on the boards is what it is..just rumour.

Not a great place to be prior to the sart of the season

Disagree - we don't know either way.  As the Leicester deal showed, it can take months for this ratification stuff to be sorted. People just have to be patient and wait and see, no point so many people getting worked up about it til we have a result, and not get panicked by wild speculation that people troll with on here.

The biggest mistake MM did was putting a timescale of 1-3 weeks on ratification - put needless pressure on the whole situation.  

What do you perceive that that the FA are seeing happen in France and it's putting them off?

The obvious answer to this is that they appear to be "missing" 10m Euro. Donny's takeover was rejected based on lack of funds. With a lack of authority telling them otherwise, people will put 2 and 2 together.

We've a history of disappointments, is it really surprising people fear the worst?

Agree wholeheartedly with the poster above stating that the goings on in France have every bit to do with us.... It's the same guy trying to take us over that is caught up in major farce overseas, of course it is linked. Whether the blame lay at the door of Martel or not is currently open to speculation. BUT HM owns that club and the FL will definitely be looking at that in relation to his purchase of SWFC. No smoke without fire and of course there will be people on here who don't like that and accuse the realists and open minded of being Blades, but they need to grow up and open their eyes. I hope it works out and we are taken over by a wealthy, honourable Azerbaijani, but I'm slowly losing faith that it's the case.

Edited by steve_maclean

I see your point. Any change in ownership is fraught with potential problems - especially when the new owner is such an unknown.

Especially a silent unknown. At face value he seems the exact type of owner we need but looking at lens they're in meltdown and you never see him commenting

You're blatantly just believing what you want to believe.

The man trying to buy OUR club has seen another of his clubs relegated out of the top flight of French football due to scandal and problems financially. In what way on this planet can you not see that has some baring on what he's trying to do here? Of course the blame may be on Martel, but he owns Lens and they've had that happen on Mammadovs watch. It's hugely significant

Doncaster didn't take long to get a decision did it? Why is ours taking longer than theirs?

Because once the date of their crowd funding exercise passed without sufficient funds, it was clear the takeover was dead and buried.

Guest _Ibbo_

There is absolutely nothing we can do. 

If it goes though, it goes though, If it doesn't it doesn't. 

Loads of takeovers are successes, others fail. 

Numerous reasons why. 

Chill people.