Gervais Martel

Well, unless anyone would like to share any new information on why Martel's mythical 10M didn't arrive? No? Thought not.

It's because mammadov has lost all his money, doesn't have a pot to wee wee in, closed his site down and left to become a pizza delivery guy.

Thought that was obvious.

BtE2i7iCQAEQFyM.jpg

Translates, very roughly as.....

Gervais Martel told the truth when he assures us that Hafiz Mammadov is not owner of Sheffield Wednesday (English D2) Yet, taken control of the Yorkshire club by businessman Baku appeared effective June 10. That day an official statement faisalt state treasury and, according to the British press, Mammadov would de-grant 40 million pounds (50.5 TM) to offer Sheffield Wednesday until the heads of the Serbian Milan Mandaric.

Nearly six weeks later, the operation has not yet been ratified by the Football League, which controls three divisions Professional, the Chapionship, League One and League Two. In England, a shareholder is not obliged to immediately his money on the table, contrary to the requirements of the French DNCG. The Football League simply check the solvency of acquiereur but also its respectabilitie. Thus, u foreign investor that has been subject to a prison sentence in the last ten years can not claim to buy a club. The Football League takes these precautions since bankruptcy who carries several clubs, after the passage of some scupuleux investors, as such falls Portsmouth Premier League D4. Stuart Gray, manager of Sheffield Wednesday, he gets impatient. As his club is not officially pass into the hands of Mammadov, it is impossible to recruit. But it ensures that more players have concurred with him, the french midfielder Florian Tardieu (Istres, N), which has already entered Sheffield and Stephanois Brandao. Hence the annoyance of Gray. I hoped that would turn rule before our departure on Wednesday for our training camp in Slovenia, and I hope now that it will be when we return.

The flouncing in this thread is hilarious.

Regardless of how much emphasis you like to put on RC Lens' current prombles and its relation to our takeover there's no reason to think that Mammadov is at fault for any of it. Speculating otherwise is purely just that, speculation.

Well, unless anyone would like to share any new information on why Martel's mythical 10M didn't arrive? No? Thought not.

I don't think people are blaming Mammadov. But he owns that club and it's happened on his watch.

If a similar thing happened here then Milan would get lynched. Hence why people are looking at Mammadov and wondering what the hell is going on.

I'd say that's reasonable as oppose to a 'flounce'

The flouncing in this thread is hilarious.

Regardless of how much emphasis you like to put on RC Lens' current prombles and its relation to our takeover there's no reason to think that Mammadov is at fault for any of it. Speculating otherwise is purely just that, speculation.

But surely saying that Mammadov isn't to blame is just as much speculation, cos let's be honest, no-one knows squat on here. The only facts are that Lens have been denied promotion and that the majority share holder is currently undergoing ratification with the Football League over his takeover of us. After that, it's all personal interpretation, probably muddied by potentially misleading press and hope.

Edited by bigrbuk

But surely saying that Mammadov isn't to blame is just as much speculation, cos let's be honest, no-one knows squat on here. The only fact is that Lens have been denied promotion and that the majority share holder is currently undergoing ratification with the Football League. After that, it's all personal interpretation, probably muddied by potentially misleading press and hope.

They were denied promotion because they submitted a budget of 48 million. All they have to do is set a revised budget of 38. I think it's a severe case of brinkmanship by Martel that has backfired.

I don't think people are blaming Mammadov. But he owns that club and it's happened on his watch.

If a similar thing happened here then Milan would get lynched. Hence why people are looking at Mammadov and wondering what the hell is going on.

He doesn't own the club. He is a majority shareholder at Lens. Big difference. Maybe explains why he doesn't want to put the full budget in himself at Lens.

They were denied promotion because they submitted a budget of 48 million. All they have to do is set a revised budget of 38. I think it's a severe case of brinkmanship by Martel that has backfired.

Is that also fact? It was also mentioned about their ground too? I haven't seen an official announcement from the French league translated into pigeon english, but if so, add to the list...

1. Lens denied promotion

2. Denied due to discrepancy between budget and actual funding (proof required?)

3. Majority shareholder currently undergoing ratification in relation to purchase of SWFC.

I wouldn't, I'd say it's speculating without having all the facts.

Your concern would probably be better voiced on the Lens forums, since they apparently don't see Hafiz as the problem.

Regarding Milan getting lynched here, I should hope so too if he'd tried to blackmail our owner out of an extra 10M by sending inaccurate business plans to the Football League.

People who think that what is going on in France has nothing to do with our ratification are living in clown cuckoo land.  Of course it does. This unseemly spat is exactly the sort of thing the The FA will be watching out for as they will look for any reason to block this takeover from going through. An inability to resolve this will be counting against any sort of 'Fit and Proper' criteria and the longer and more unseemly it is, the more it will count against ratification.

Also criticising MM is completely pointless. HM and GM have to sort it... Unfortunately all Mardel cares about it Lens and himself and if thet means putting our takeover in jeopardy to suit his own ends, he will do it without a moment’s thought.

It’s a bad situation this and could go on for some time.

I wouldn't, I'd say it's speculating without having all the facts.

Your concern would probably be better voiced on the Lens forums, since they apparently don't see Hafiz as the problem.

Regarding Milan getting lynched here, I should hope so too if he'd tried to blackmail our owner out of an extra 10M by sending inaccurate business plans to the Football League.

And you do have all the facts?

Nobody on here does so stop pretending to be a know it all.

But surely saying that Mammadov isn't to blame is just as much speculation, cos let's be honest, no-one knows squat on here. The only facts are that Lens have been denied promotion and that the majority share holder is currently undergoing ratification with the Football League over his takeover of us. After that, it's all personal interpretation, probably muddied by potentially misleading press and hope.

I never said he definitely wasn't to blame, all I said was that there's no reason to pin any blame on him at this point in time.

Like you say, no one on here knows for sure, which is why any mass panic is premature. Even if the panickers turn out to be right in the end it makes no difference.

Is that also fact? It was also mentioned about their ground too? I haven't seen an official announcement from the French league translated into pigeon english, but if so, add to the list...

1. Lens denied promotion

2. Denied due to discrepancy between budget and actual funding (proof required?)

3. Majority shareholder currently undergoing ratification in relation to purchase of SWFC.

The general gist of all the articles I've read is that Mammadov has already provided 38m for Lens budget next season. This budget is substantial and puts them in the top 7-8 bracket for funding. I've also read that Mamma is happy to provide further funding as the season unfolds if and when needs be. He seems unhappy at having to stump up another 10 big ones after already providing a more than adequate budget.  Also it is implied from a large number of articles that Mamma is unhappy with Martel. This may be because Martel insisted on the 48m budget and entered that with the French league, going against his wishes, in the hope that Mamma would stump up the remaining 10 million. 

It's now been blown all out of proportion, with hack journalists publishing bullshit articles about bankruptcy, imprisonment and financial difficulties because these stories sell papers............ So annoyed with the crap being bandied about, Mamma released a statement on the SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY website denying these claims and threatening action against the perpetrators. This is significant because a) It confirms he is the owner of Wednesday and b) he is getting pretty miffed with Lens and/or the French football association. 

In the meantime it is announced that we are to be sponsored by 'Land of fire' and all signs point to a positive conclusion to the takeover. We have Stuart Gray saying we're just waiting for ratification, Milan saying the same, the process is ongoing with the football league. Do you really think that this many people are having the wool pulled over their eyes?? 

People who think that what is going on in France has nothing to do with our ratification are living in clown cuckoo land. Of course it does. This unseemly spat is exactly the sort of thing the The FA will be watching out for as they will look for any reason to block this takeover from going through. An inability to resolve this will be counting against any sort of 'Fit and Proper' criteria and the longer and more unseemly it is, the more it will count against ratification.

Also criticising MM is completely pointless. HM and GM have to sort it... Unfortunately all Mardel cares about it Lens and himself and if thet means putting our takeover in jeopardy to suit his own ends, he will do it without a moment’s thought.

It’s a bad situation this and could go on for some time.

And you do have all the facts?

Nobody on here does so stop pretending to be a know it all.

What on earth are you talking about? I would suggest re-reading what I've said.

You're the one claiming to have enough knowledge to be concerned about the situation, I'm ambivalent.

The general gist of all the articles I've read is that Mammadov has already provided 38m for Lens budget next season. This budget is substantial and puts them in the top 7-8 bracket for funding. I've also read that Mamma is happy to provide further funding as the season unfolds if and when needs be. He seems unhappy at having to stump up another 10 big ones after already providing a more than adequate budget. Also it is implied from a large number of articles that Mamma is unhappy with Martel. This may be because Martel insisted on the 48m budget and entered that with the French league, going against his wishes, in the hope that Mamma would stump up the remaining 10 million.

It's now been blown all out of proportion, with hack journalists publishing bullshit articles about bankruptcy, imprisonment and financial difficulties because these stories sell papers............ So annoyed with the crap being bandied about, Mamma released a statement on the SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY website denying these claims and threatening action against the perpetrators. This is significant because a) It confirms he is the owner of Wednesday and b) he is getting pretty miffed with Lens and/or the French football association.

In the meantime it is announced that we are to be sponsored by 'Land of fire' and all signs point to a positive conclusion to the takeover. We have Stuart Gray saying we're just waiting for ratification, Milan saying the same, the process is ongoing with the football league. Do you really think that this many people are having the wool pulled over their eyes??

Excellent post. Think that sums everything up and brings things up to speed tbh.