Gervais Martel

Love how the majority of posters are suddenly experts on the ins and outs of FL "ratification" and know exactly what will concern them.

:biggrin:

It's not exactly hard to find out though is it. The fact it's still ongoing, unlike the Doncaster one, is a positive in my eyes.

Edited by Nookiebear

Guest tha_knows

Just wish the club had kept things under wraps until the whole thing had been ratified, then if it had been done then it would have been so much more welcoming news if it had been done signed and sealed, and the spending could commence asap.

Agree wholeheartedly with the poster above stating that the goings on in France have every bit to do with us.... It's the same guy trying to take us over that is caught up in major farce overseas, of course it is linked. Whether the blame lay at the door of Martel or not is currently open to speculation. BUT HM owns that club and the FL will definitely be looking at that in relation to his purchase of SWFC. No smoke without fire and of course there will be people on here who don't like that and accuse the realists and open minded of being Blades, but they need to grow up and open their eyes. I hope it works out and we are taken over by a wealthy, honourable Azerbaijani, but I'm slowly losing faith that it's the case.

Most of that's based on rumours though

Of course it doesn't sound good or look good with what's going on at Lens. However without any official confirmation from either club, and a seemingly mental person in Martel constantly changing his story of what's happening, we simply don't know what's going on and all we can do is wait for official confirmation. If something was wrong with our takeover we'd have heard by now (just like the Donny takeover).

The only way of knowing what's going on is the ratification at our club. Even if bad things happen at other clubs, that's their business and can have many different variables involved, and the same can be said for any positives happening at another club, it should have no bearing on us.

Just wish the club had kept things under wraps until the whole thing had been ratified, then if it had been done then it would have been so much more welcoming news if it had been done signed and sealed, and the spending could commence asap.

There is no way the club could have kept it under wraps since the French media were reporting it.

HM doesn't want to put the €10mil in upfront on top of the other tens of millions he has already put in. Martel is in charge of submitting a revised budget and has failed to do so. Even without the €10mil, Lens' budget is good enough for promotion to be allowed.

Is that a fair assessment of what's happened so far?

The football league require a business plan upfront showing how the club will survive, it doesn't require vast amounts of money to be sat in the clubs bank account.

I'm not really worried, to be honest, the Lens farce seems like an admin wee wee tail up and the impression I get of HM is that he is quite hands off - I'd be surprised if he is to blame for the incompetence there. He should probably starting looking for a new chairman, though.

Especially a silent unknown. 

Yes but it's worth remembering that there are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

You're blatantly just believing what you want to believe.

The man trying to buy OUR club has seen another of his clubs relegated out of the top flight of French football due to scandal and problems financially. In what way on this planet can you not see that has some baring on what he's trying to do here? Of course the blame may be on Martel, but he owns Lens and they've had that happen on Mammadovs watch. It's hugely significant

ROFL, yeah that's exactly what's happening or maybe I'm reading sites other that Owlstalk for info on what's happening at Lens.

Lets take your post for instance, scare mongering, Lens haven't been relegated, their promotion has been withheld due to concerns over the budget they have submitted for next season, there are no financial problems, just a discrepancy over money they haven't yet spent, which is really a smokescreen for a fall out between Chairman and majority shareholder.

It's not exactly hard to find out though is it. The fact it's still ongoing, unlike the Doncaster one, is a positive in my eyes.

I agree, the Donny one failed at the first major hurdle - they didn't have a pot to wee wee in. Or not a big enough pot. So IMO ours must be further on than that. If they had found HM didn't have the funds they would've pulled the plug already, they aren't exactly going to hang about until he scrapes it together. Of course it's all guesswork but people looking on the negative side because ours is taking longer have got the wrong end of the stick in my eyes.

You're blatantly just believing what you want to believe.

The man trying to buy OUR club has seen another of his clubs relegated out of the top flight of French football due to scandal and problems financially. In what way on this planet can you not see that has some baring on what he's trying to do here? Of course the blame may be on Martel, but he owns Lens and they've had that happen on Mammadovs watch. It's hugely significant

Love how the majority of posters are suddenly experts on the ins and outs of FL "ratification" and know exactly what will concern them.

:biggrin:

Same one lots of people are experts on knowing that the things going on in Lens aren't relevant, and everything is fine. It's all about opinions.

Yes but it's worth remembering that there are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Thanks Donald.

ROFL, yeah that's exactly what's happening or maybe I'm reading sites other that Owlstalk for info on what's happening at Lens.

Lets take your post for instance, scare mongering, Lens haven't been relegated, their promotion has been withheld due to concerns over the budget they have submitted for next season, there are no financial problems, just a discrepancy over money they haven't yet spent, which is really a smokescreen for a fall out between Chairman and majority shareholder.

Scare mongering? As in I want this to go boobies up and I'm trying to scare fellow fans into believing it will? Well that's silly, I'm just not burying my head in the sand and pretending everything is okay like yourself. And okay you're right, technically not 'relegated', but having won promotion then being told they can't go up because of financial issues (issues you seem confident are trivial, despite the fact they are clearly serious enough for the French FA to send Lens back to ligue 2.)

There are tons of rumours, and lots of speculation and people will make of that what will they will but don't accuse decent people of scaremongering just because they have a brain and aren't joining you and others in this deluded little takeover dreamworld you've constructed.

Edited by steve_maclean

I agree, the Donny one failed at the first major hurdle - they didn't have a pot to wee wee in. Or not a big enough pot. So IMO ours must be further on than that. If they had found HM didn't have the funds they would've pulled the plug already, they aren't exactly going to hang about until he scrapes it together. Of course it's all guesswork but people looking on the negative side because ours is taking longer have got the wrong end of the stick in my eyes.

It's not just about proof of funding though.

Let's face it none of us know anything about HM, not really anyway.

What we do know is that according to MM he's a decent honest rich football man, and then in conflict a lot of rumours that suggest the opposite.

We don't know the truth, but it's perfectly acceptable for some of us to be wary, I think supporting this club and having seen what's happened elsewhere in the past, eg Portsmouth we have to be.

Scare mongering? As in I want this to go boobies up and I'm trying to scare fellow fans into believing it will? Well that's silly, I'm just not burying my head in the sand and pretending everything is okay like yourself. And okay you're right, technically not 'relegated', but having won promotion then being told they can't go up because of financial issues (issues you seem confident are trivial, despite the fact they are clearly serious enough for the French FA to send Lens back to ligue 2.)

There are tons of rumours, and lots of speculation and people will make of that what will they will but don't accuse decent people of scaremongering just because they have a brain and aren't joining you and others in this deluded little takeover dreamworld you've constructed.

You're even doing it with my posts, highlight exactly where I have said that you want this to go 'boobies up', you can't, because I didn't.

Your second paragraph nails it, there are tons of rumours and you're choosing to take all the negative ones as fact without doing any of your own research, Random Task has outlined the exact scenario on this very page, but again you've ignored it to pour scorn on anyone who doesn't share your concerns

You're even doing it with my posts, highlight exactly where I have said that you want this to go 'boobies up', you can't, because I didn't.

Your second paragraph nails it, there are tons of rumours and you're choosing to take all the negative ones as fact without doing any of your own research, Random Task has outlined the exact scenario on this very page, but again you've ignored it to pour scorn on anyone who doesn't share your concerns

You accused me of scaremongering, which I believe is as good as. Why would I 'scaremonger'? What do I gain? I'm just voicing my concerns the same way you're allaying fears.

fair enough if none of the goings on in France concern you, but they concern me and I'm sure if most are honest they haven't gone unnoticed.

One thing I'm sure we can agree on is that as far as takeover ratifications go none of us are experts, but for me, I smell a rat, and maybe I'm pessimistic naturally, but I think supporting this club does that to you.

I suppose its to far fetched that somebody in our FL hasn't made a discreet call to their counterparts in France to ask what the problem is?

Honestly people really need to wake up. Lets say the promotion of Lens does not go through, that is a fairly serious situation.

Think of the fans that have poured money into watching what they believed to be a sucessful promotion push, all money down the tubes and morally a PR disaster. Could you imagine that happening here what the outcry would be?

So would you not think that would lead the FL into doing the deepest most painstaking investigation into HM they possibly could.

It may not stop our takeover but it will delay it and therefore it has a bearing.

Spot on in my opinion.

The flouncing in this thread is hilarious.

Regardless of how much emphasis you like to put on RC Lens' current prombles and its relation to our takeover there's no reason to think that Mammadov is at fault for any of it. Speculating otherwise is purely just that, speculation.

Well, unless anyone would like to share any new information on why Martel's mythical 10M didn't arrive? No? Thought not.