Gervais Martel

You'd think for a process as simple as you make out, plus - considering the fact that Mandaric has already done fairly rigorous background checks - it would have been sorted within a week. 

Suggest this to the FL Jon, Suggest that the authority ratifying the sale, rely on checks completed by the seller, who will be profitting from the deal. The seller obviously has no bias, at all.

Edited by zzmdu

Really? I've not seen any inclination of that. From everything I've read/listened to, the suggestion (or my interpretation) has been that Mandaric is frustrated with the FL.

Yeah - he talked about how it takes extra time due to people being in different time zones...or something like that.

Personally I can't see how it would make too much of a difference however for me it was a signal that HMs people had been a little slow in providing some required info.

But I'm sure MM is frustrated with this whole process

Just passing it on mate, no reason to believe it isn't true to be honest but see your point.

Except there's plenty of reason to believe it's not true.

Even if you ignore the fact that Stuart would have to be pretty moronic to pass on clearly confidential information to a complete stranger it's still second hand information to the rest of us and therefore completely unverifiable that this conversation ever took place.

The FL ratification process is a joke. How can it take 4+ weeks to check some documentation and do some personal checks? 

Ever done anything official between languages between countries? My wife had to get a work visa in the Czech Republic using her Brazilian education documents, had to be legally translated into Czech by an accepted translator by both the Czech and Brazilian embassies and had to be legally notarised by an accepted notary to both the Czech and Brazilian embassies, this will undoubtedly be similar as a lot of Hafka's documents will be in Azerbaijani. If the average takeover by English speaking/backed parties takes 6-8 weeks there was always a strong chance ours would take longer.

To Be FAIR Gray has been given a budget, Milan's Budget and that is what he is working to.  He can't spend any more due to the verification - look at Bramall's quote at Donny post the failed takeover. So the club does know what it has to spend.

And that is exactly what we are doing yet this placeremains in meltdown!

I think if anyone anticipated we would be here talking about this 6 weeks down the line from when the takeover was announced then there lying!!. I certainly didnt. I know Leicester took 8 weeks ect but just didnt expect it to drag like this 3 weeks from the season with no further information to WHEN it will or more likely not go through. Pray to god this doesnt go titttts up.

Edited by JOHNHARKES

Except there's plenty of reason to believe it's not true.

Even if you ignore the fact that Stuart would have to be pretty moronic to pass on clearly confidential information to a complete stranger it's still second hand information to the rest of us and therefore completely unverifiable that this conversation ever took place.

Quite right that man Dan,

On this arena we can only post & discuss 100% verified information that can come from an official source.

Saxondale should go and find a more suitable arena to discuss opinions and rumours - like a SWFC fans forum

I think if anyone anticipated we would be here talking about this 6 weeks down the line from when the takeover was announced then there lying!!. I certainly didnt. I know Leicester took 8 weeks ect but just didnt expect it to drag like this 3 weeks from the season with no further information to WHEN it will or more likely not go through. Pray to god this doesnt go titttts up.

Wait, how can you cite an example of a takeovers but then call anyone a liar who expected it would take 2 weeks less?

Why? Just because it's wednesday? or is it because we're so close to the start of the season?

Personally when it first was mentioned I was thinking it will be done by September, but that maybe HM would fund signings in the meantime (which is allowed to some extent).

I think the only thing that threw everyone was how quick it moved from speculation to confirmation and that made people think it would all be moving at a similar pace. But in reality the club were just quiet regarding talks which were happening behind the scenes keeping us all in the dark about the timescale.

I know it's crap that it's taking this long and that we'll likely have a poor start to the season (again), but we have to look to the future... I'll take a poor start for a fantastic finish any day... especially if that takes us up into the top half of the table.

Wait, how can you cite an example of a takeovers but then call anyone a liar who expected it would take 2 weeks less?

Why? Just because it's wednesday? or is it because we're so close to the start of the season?

Personally when it first was mentioned I was thinking it will be done by September, but that maybe HM would fund signings in the meantime (which is allowed to some extent).

I think the only thing that threw everyone was how quick it moved from speculation to confirmation and that made people think it would all be moving at a similar pace. But in reality the club were just quiet regarding talks which were happening behind the scenes keeping us all in the dark about the timescale.

I know it's crap that it's taking this long and that we'll likely have a poor start to the season (again), but we have to look to the future... I'll take a poor start for a fantastic finish any day... especially if that takes us up into the top half of the table.

I never thought it would take two weeks but i think even Milan has to be taken back to how long this is dragging on. I personally thought 4-5 weeks max. And as you say HM funding signings but at present that aint happening and we CANT SIGN anyone till its done reading what gray is saying. I really feel sorry for Gray he is a good manager but without the additional 6 signings needed i believe as you referenced we will have another abysmal start to the season. And i think Gray will be gone.

I think the only thing that threw everyone was how quick it moved from speculation to confirmation and that made people think it would all be moving at a similar pace.

I can only speak for myself but what throwing me isn't the time taken for ratification, but the turmoil in Lens and the rumours of major problems in his other business, including rumours of his arrest and limitatons on his leaving the country.

Quite right that man Dan,

On this arena we can only post & discuss 100% verified information that can come from an official source.

Saxondale should go and find a more suitable arena to discuss opinions and rumours - like a SWFC fans forum

What's wrong with discussing opinions and rumours? I've no problems there; you appear to be putting words in my mouth. I was merely correcting his factual inaccuracy - or discussing it, if you will.

In the post above it appears to be you who is attempting to stifle discussion on Saxondale's claim, perhaps you need to rethink your statement.

What's wrong with discussing opinions and rumours? I've no problems there; you appear to be putting words in my mouth. I was merely correcting his factual inaccuracy - or discussing it, if you will.

In the post above it appears to be you who is attempting to stifle discussion on Saxondale's claim, perhaps you need to rethink your statement.

:tango:

You're funny! and very dramatic

I've haven't made a statement, I just made a post.

I'm sure SXs gratefull to you for correcting his factual inaccuracies. Wasn't he just discussing/sharing a rumour though, which he blatantly made obvious was just that.

Ever done anything official between languages between countries? My wife had to get a work visa in the Czech Republic using her Brazilian education documents, had to be legally translated into Czech by an accepted translator by both the Czech and Brazilian embassies and had to be legally notarised by an accepted notary to both the Czech and Brazilian embassies, this will undoubtedly be similar as a lot of Hafka's documents will be in Azerbaijani. If the average takeover by English speaking/backed parties takes 6-8 weeks there was always a strong chance ours would take longer.

So apparently the reason a multi-millionaire, billionaire even, head of multi-national business is unable to complete his takeover of SWFC is because after six weeks he can’t get some documents translated into the English…that most obscure of languages.

Edited by kobayashi

Guest Big Guns

I remember Milan saying the ratification was just a formality and would take no doing at all and should be sorted in 1 or 2 weeks

That was the day he announced the takeover

I remember Milan saying the ratification was just a formality and would take no doing at all and should be sorted in 1 or 2 weeks

That was the day he announced the takeover

Yes he did, which was a little foolish given how long ratification took when he sold Leicester.

Guest Big Guns

Yes he did, which was a little foolish given how long ratification took when he sold Leicester.

He makes poo poo up as he goes along that man