Gervais Martel

Do people really believe that the Football Leaague are/or want to delay the process?  FFS

The FL will want this of their 'to do list' as soon as all the documentation/evidence is provided.

A few posters somehow think this delay is down to the FL, clueless.

I don't think Jon is suggesting that the FL are deliberately trying to delay the takeover.

The FL's seemingly time consuming process is delaying our pre-season...which is frustrating. The FL should perhaps implement a more timely process.

Guest JonTheOwl66

But if we are spending megabucks it wont be on free transfers will it? In which case said player will have had pre season with his current club? Would imagine even out of contract players are getting themselves ready?

Yep, you're probably right. But there's no guarantee that players will have had pre-season.

There's a few factors - look at Roger Johnson at Wolves - he's been left out of the squad and probably won't play any of the pre-season games. 

Therefore, it's possible that you can argue players who we might sign on big contracts - or less likely, big fees - won't be as prepared as they could be.

Again, it's all if, buts and maybes. I don't see any major cause for concern. I don't think anybody expected us to spend millions and make a genuine promotion push, but after all the hype it's a little deflating. 

The problem is (and this is just my opinion) - those that state ourselves and Lens are not linked are inextricably wrong.

Technically, we are both owned by the same majority shareholder. I fail to see how on earth you can argue that it's not the case.

However I don't necessarily think the problems at Lens are anything to be concerned about. It just seem slightly amateurish but it's not something to get overly concerned about.

Despite that, what is frustrating, is that we seem pretty much at the will of the FL to ratify the takeover. If it's not done before the start of the season then we are seriously short. Unless of course we plan to go for, at best, a mid-table push.

Surely both Mammadov and Mandaric should have realised that potentially this is a lengthy process (although I'm not terribly sure WHY it is) and we could miss out on crucial signings while we wait for the FL to get their act together.

The only thing that excuses this abysmal scenario is if - perhaps - when the takeover is ratified we spend mega-bucks. And I mean really big.

That for me is the only thing where this situation can be excused. It's not a case of Mammadov being potentially bankrupt or the global banking situation, it's SWFC that are suffering.

And people may well say you know it isn't that big a deal - but preparation is everything. We could potentially sign players who haven't had a full and proper pre-season, meaning they aren't up to scratch come the start of the season - and then we're playing catch-up from there on.

If it's sorted this week, we can kick on. Any later and it's a tad concerning.

Considering this though... I still think the takeover will 100% go through still. It's a case of when not if for me. It's just whether it will happen with enough time to get the squad up to scratch.

Good post.

The only part I disagree with is regarding the big bucks part.

I still see this as a long-term process and therefore if HM completes too late for seriously affect this year, then I'd be comfortable with building a solid squad for 15/16

After over a decade of misery, I'm happy to wait a while longer to do it properly

I don't think Jon is suggesting that the FL are deliberately trying to delay the takeover.

The FL's seemingly time consuming process is delaying our pre-season...which is frustrating. The FL should perhaps implement a more timely process.

FFS, the timing of the Football League process, won't be primerily driven by the FL, it will be driven by how quickly they receive the information they require.

Do you imagine there's a FL administrator, sat at his desk munching crisps, surfing the net, when he should be finalising the ratification?  (yes I know we're all doing this now)

Guest JonTheOwl66

Do people really believe that the Football Leaague are/or want to delay the process?  FFS

The FL will want this of their 'to do list' as soon as all the documentation/evidence is provided.

A few posters somehow think this delay is down to the FL, clueless.

I didn't say that. We are basically at the mercy of the FL - it sounds dramatic, but they really could decide our season.

On numerous occasions now we've heard statements like 'the ratification process is a long one', and figures have even indicated that it could take up to three months.

Therefore, yes, you're probably right - the FL will want it off their agenda. But that doesn't necessarily mean they will rush to do it and do a botch job. 

As to your final point - I don't see how the delay isn't down to the FL? That's where the hold up is - the ratification of our takeover. I'm guessing you mean it's on our end in the fact we haven't supplied the relevant facts and figures yet, right?

FFS, the timing of the Football League process, won't be primerily driven by the FL, it will be driven by how quickly they receive the information they require.

Do you imagine there's a FL administrator, sat at his desk munching crisps, surfing the net, when he should be finalising the ratification? (yes I know we're all doing this now)

I'm not I'm walking the dogs.

I didn't say that. We are basically at the mercy of the FL - it sounds dramatic, but they really could decide our season.

On numerous occasions now we've heard statements like 'the ratification process is a long one', and figures have even indicated that it could take up to three months.

Therefore, yes, you're probably right - the FL will want it off their agenda. But that doesn't necessarily mean they will rush to do it and do a botch job.

As to your final point - I don't see how the delay isn't down to the FL? That's where the hold up is - the ratification of our takeover. I'm guessing you mean it's on our end in the fact we haven't supplied the relevant facts and figures yet, right?

I think Milan suggested there was a delay in getting all the info from HM tbf

If we had gotten everything required to the Football League they would deal with it at the first opportunity, especially since I don't think they have much else to do in this area- no other takeovers ongoing are there?

Therefore, the fact they haven't means that we haven't got everything required to them, there was a problem with the checks or they haven't had a chance to consider them. Can't see any way we know which is the truth.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Good post.

The only part I disagree with is regarding the big bucks part.

I still see this as a long-term process and therefore if HM completes too late for seriously affect this year, then I'd be comfortable with building a solid squad for 15/16

After over a decade of misery, I'm happy to wait a while longer to do it properly

I agree. I don't think we will spend big at all. But in my head - that makes logical sense. 

The fact we seem to have agreed a fee to sign this Tardieu indicates the takeover isnt far away from being finalised. Gray himself said he hopes this week. And for the record - I don't think this guy will exactly be a cheap acquisition. He seems to be fairly highly rated.

I imagine that this year will be a season of transition, we'll start strengthening the squad.. Enquiring as to how we can ship out players like Coke, McCabe, Corry, perhaps even Zayatte etc, then spending in the right areas next term  to truly make a play-off chasing team.

Obviously we'll never be the biggest spenders. But if Mammadov sets aside a £10m budget (or something along those lines), to increase both the wage structure and for fees we can have a go. 

Guest JonTheOwl66

If we had gotten everything required to the Football League they would deal with it at the first opportunity, especially since I don't think they have much else to do in this area- no other takeovers ongoing are there?

Therefore, the fact they haven't means that we haven't got everything required to them, there was a problem with the checks or they haven't had a chance to consider them. Can't see any way we know which is the truth.

This may seem a stupid question.. But is there a specific area in the FL set-up that deals specifically with takeovers, for example?

If not, surely they will have other priorities too?

Guest JonTheOwl66

I think Milan suggested there was a delay in getting all the info from HM tbf

Really? I've not seen any inclination of that. From everything I've read/listened to, the suggestion (or my interpretation) has been that Mandaric is frustrated with the FL.