Gervais Martel

The general gist of all the articles I've read is that Mammadov has already provided 38m for Lens budget next season. This budget is substantial and puts them in the top 7-8 bracket for funding. I've also read that Mamma is happy to provide further funding as the season unfolds if and when needs be. He seems unhappy at having to stump up another 10 big ones after already providing a more than adequate budget. Also it is implied from a large number of articles that Mamma is unhappy with Martel. This may be because Martel insisted on the 48m budget and entered that with the French league, going against his wishes, in the hope that Mamma would stump up the remaining 10 million.

It's now been blown all out of proportion, with hack journalists publishing bullshit articles about bankruptcy, imprisonment and financial difficulties because these stories sell papers............ So annoyed with the crap being bandied about, Mamma released a statement on the SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY website denying these claims and threatening action against the perpetrators. This is significant because a) It confirms he is the owner of Wednesday and b) he is getting pretty miffed with Lens and/or the French football association.

In the meantime it is announced that we are to be sponsored by 'Land of fire' and all signs point to a positive conclusion to the takeover. We have Stuart Gray saying we're just waiting for ratification, Milan saying the same, the process is ongoing with the football league. Do you really think that this many people are having the wool pulled over their eyes??

I haven't stated what I believe has/is happening just what the facts are. I read somewhere today that 18m of the original funding was only a bank guarantee and not money in the account and this was the real issue - again, just a random report, not fact.

4. Hm gives press release via swfc denying false reports of arrest and threatening legal action against people tarnishing his name and reputation.

4 facts I count so far.

My opinion was and is, ratification will be given once Lens ordeal is sorted or FL have carried their own investigations into what is happening and they are satisfied all is good

The general gist of all the articles I've read is that Mammadov has already provided 38m for Lens budget next season. This budget is substantial and puts them in the top 7-8 bracket for funding. I've also read that Mamma is happy to provide further funding as the season unfolds if and when needs be. He seems unhappy at having to stump up another 10 big ones after already providing a more than adequate budget.  Also it is implied from a large number of articles that Mamma is unhappy with Martel. This may be because Martel insisted on the 48m budget and entered that with the French league, going against his wishes, in the hope that Mamma would stump up the remaining 10 million. 

It's now been blown all out of proportion, with hack journalists publishing bullshit articles about bankruptcy, imprisonment and financial difficulties because these stories sell papers............ So annoyed with the crap being bandied about, Mamma released a statement on the SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY website denying these claims and threatening action against the perpetrators. This is significant because a) It confirms he is the owner of Wednesday and b) he is getting pretty miffed with Lens and/or the French football association. 

In the meantime it is announced that we are to be sponsored by 'Land of fire' and all signs point to a positive conclusion to the takeover. We have Stuart Gray saying we're just waiting for ratification, Milan saying the same, the process is ongoing with the football league. Do you really think that this many people are having the wool pulled over their eyes??

Almost a repeat if what I said 1 week ago.

We know we're right too.

Do you know this for a fact Eccles? Or are you speculating? Some proof please..

Proof that our takeover isn't taking any longer than anyone else's?

There's been numerous posts with proof of that. It's a fact that some takeovers have taken 2-3 months to be ratified.

Done a quick search: Leicester takeover completed - 5th August. Ratified - 22nd October.

Edited by EcclesallOwl

Proof that our takeover isn't taking any longer than anyone else's?

There's been numerous posts with proof of that. It's a fact that some takeovers have taken 2-3 months to be ratified.

Whilst some takeovers have taken 2-3 months to be ratified, there are probably others that have taken less or even longer. The point I am making is that pretty much every post on here is based on speculation.

Until we have some actual hard-line facts about what is going on in Lens and what is superficially involved in the ratification process, we are not in a position to make any definitive comments on this whole tedious process.

One thing I do know is that it not putting us in a particularly advantageous position with the season only a few weeks away. Stuart Gray will probably be the most frustrated person out of everyone involved in this saga.

People who think that what is going on in France has nothing to do with our ratification are living in clown cuckoo land. Of course it does. This unseemly spat is exactly the sort of thing the The FA will be watching out for as they will look for any reason to block this takeover from going through. An inability to resolve this will be counting against any sort of 'Fit and Proper' criteria and the longer and more unseemly it is, the more it will count against ratification.

Also criticising MM is completely pointless. HM and GM have to sort it... Unfortunately all Mardel cares about it Lens and himself and if thet means putting our takeover in jeopardy to suit his own ends, he will do it without a moment’s thought.

It’s a bad situation this and could go on for some time.

Absolute ratshit.

Whilst some takeovers have taken 2-3 months to be ratified, there are probably others that have taken less or even longer. The point I am making is that pretty much every post on here is based on speculation.

Until we have some actual hard-line facts about what is going on in Lens and what is superficially involved in the ratification process, we are not in a position to make any definitive comments on this whole tedious process.

One thing I do know is that it not putting us in a particularly advantageous position with the season only a few weeks away. Stuart Gray will probably be the most frustrated person out of everyone involved in this saga.

Agreed

Which is why until anything official from our club comes out, we're in the same situation as we were the last time we heard anything official, waiting for ratification and there's no reason to doubt it won't happen.

The general gist of all the articles I've read is that Mammadov has already provided 38m for Lens budget next season. This budget is substantial and puts them in the top 7-8 bracket for funding. I've also read that Mamma is happy to provide further funding as the season unfolds if and when needs be. He seems unhappy at having to stump up another 10 big ones after already providing a more than adequate budget. Also it is implied from a large number of articles that Mamma is unhappy with Martel. This may be because Martel insisted on the 48m budget and entered that with the French league, going against his wishes, in the hope that Mamma would stump up the remaining 10 million.

Agree 100%.

Nobody here knows, that’s the bottom line - it’s all speculation. However the mere fact this spat at Lens is still running and we are still awaiting ratification cannot be mere coincidence. The FA will be watching to see how it is resolved, as it will demonstrate, in their eyes, as to whether Mammadov is 'Fit and proper'. Actions rather than just mere paperwork...

If all the paperwork is up to date and correct, there would no reason for the FA to block it. Once the Lens situation is resolved to a satisfactory conclusion, we will then see if the FA move more quickly with us. If not, there must be something else that is stopping the process, as to what that could be, no one knows!

Bullshit

Nobody here knows, that’s the bottom line - it’s all speculation. However the mere fact this spat at Lens is still running and we are still awaiting ratification cannot be mere coincidence. The FA will be watching to see how it is resolved, as it will demonstrate, in their eyes, as to whether Mammadov is 'Fit and proper'. Actions rather than just mere paperwork...

If all the paperwork is up to date and correct, there would no reason for the FA to block it. Once the Lens situation is resolved to a satisfactory conclusion, we will then see if the FA move more quickly with us. If not, there must be something else that is stopping the process, as to what that could be, no one knows!

Give over now. You're just making poo poo up.

And how many times do people have to tell you that the FA have flip all to do with the ratification?

Edited by SheffWedOwl

Why do our takeovers always involve mentalists though? Sheard, that fuckwit from sclub7 who was threatening to kill half of owlstalk, the bills and now this nutjob martel? And that's without even thinking about some of the lesser fruitloops!

Why do our takeovers always involve mentalists though? Sheard, that fuckwit from sclub7 who was threatening to kill half of owlstalk, the bills and now this nutjob martel? And that's without even thinking about some of the lesser fruitloops!

Bout time this Martel bloke joined Owlstalk.

Would be brilliant lol

Guest conisbrough

If Lens promotio not ratified certain that one if not all of young promising players Landre, Cyprien ang Gbamin will be heading over channel to us. Landre is particularly good gefender.