Gervais Martel

Guest wilyfox

Stu hopes we'll be ratarsed by time squad fly home. That's good enough for me. Only a matter of time. Any day now.

What on earth are you talking about? I would suggest re-reading what I've said.

You're the one claiming to have enough knowledge to be concerned about the situation, I'm ambivalent.

I wouldn't bother Dan, reyt drama queen this one.

Expect this'll be interpreted as me calling his Mum a slag or summat.

Guest Big Guns

Stop clapping BG.

I shall be clapping and laughing on Sunday the 27th of July when I pelt you with eggs

He he he lol

Can't wait

The general gist of all the articles I've read is that Mammadov has already provided 38m for Lens budget next season. This budget is substantial and puts them in the top 7-8 bracket for funding. I've also read that Mamma is happy to provide further funding as the season unfolds if and when needs be. He seems unhappy at having to stump up another 10 big ones after already providing a more than adequate budget. Also it is implied from a large number of articles that Mamma is unhappy with Martel. This may be because Martel insisted on the 48m budget and entered that with the French league, going against his wishes, in the hope that Mamma would stump up the remaining 10 million.

It's now been blown all out of proportion, with hack journalists publishing bullshit articles about bankruptcy, imprisonment and financial difficulties because these stories sell papers............ So annoyed with the crap being bandied about, Mamma released a statement on the SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY website denying these claims and threatening action against the perpetrators. This is significant because a) It confirms he is the owner of Wednesday and b) he is getting pretty miffed with Lens and/or the French football association.

In the meantime it is announced that we are to be sponsored by 'Land of fire' and all signs point to a positive conclusion to the takeover. We have Stuart Gray saying we're just waiting for ratification, Milan saying the same, the process is ongoing with the football league. Do you really think that this many people are having the wool pulled over their eyes??

Exactly how I see it.

So the.FA are looking for any reason to block this takeover? Jeesusd H Christ...its the ******* FOOTBALL LEAGUE 

I'm with you on this mate.

It's always the FL or the FA, I wish that they would just talk to each other.

And I wish the FA would hurry up with Ratification.

:wacko:

I read this as follows; mamma has put 38mm into Lens for next years budget with a further 10mm in guarantees but the french FA (or martel) want the full 48mm up front so mamas told them to flip off. This is ten million quid they want up front not a tenner. Tbh if I was a rich business man and they wouldn't accept my gaurantees I think I would do the same. Mamas wealthy but I don't think he will have ten million in his back pocket!!

Guest firewall

http://sport24.lefigaro.fr/football/ligue-2/actualites/gervais-martel-quitte-lens-567115

Gervais Martel is no longer the president of RC Lens. He officially resigned Monday. Luc Dayan succeeded him.

Turning the page to Lens. Historic president of RCL since 1988, Gervais Martel resigned Monday. Resignation under duress. Having failed to raise the necessary funds to purchase the shares that would have made him the majority shareholder of the club, Martel had indeed disarm. "The conditions in June 2011 Gervais Martel redeems the units of RC Lens and again become majority before June 30 are not met, he resigned as chairman of the club Lens, which the bank noted "says Crédit Agricole Nord de France in a statement.

Now, Crédit Agricole owns 70% share of the club, which Gervais Martel is a shareholder of 27.34%. "The Bank cautions that Gervais Martel keep a priority option to acquire RC Lens on equal terms, in case of offer issued by a third party," says the bank. Martel on the button, the new owners of the club decided to appoint Luc Dayan as president. "Luc Dayan is a recognized expert in the world of professional football clubs and especially in difficult situations," said Credit Agricole.

Luc Dayan maneuvering

The mission of the former president of the LOSC or Sannois Saint-Gratien? "Redefining a virtuous circle for the Club, balancing athletic performance and economic constraints required for RC Lens find the best standard of football by giving spectators, supporters and partners are pleased to support their team." The objective is clear and displayed: term, the rise in Ligue 1 "must be the result of the rebalancing of the club, in all its components: sports, financial and historical values​​: courage, energy and fair

What on earth are you talking about? I would suggest re-reading what I've said.

You're the one claiming to have enough knowledge to be concerned about the situation, I'm ambivalent.

I'm not claiming to have all the facts though, nor am I claiming to have enough to knowledge on the situation. I'm merely stating that the goings off in France have been enough to worry me personally, whether you or others see it differently is fine, but that's just my take on things.

Guest firewall

That reads as if hm has pulled out then because he owned 60% and gm 40% previously?

70% owned by Crédit Agricole? Not clear what is going on.

Nobody here knows, that’s the bottom line - it’s all speculation. However the mere fact this spat at Lens is still running and we are still awaiting ratification cannot be mere coincidence. The FA will be watching to see how it is resolved, as it will demonstrate, in their eyes, as to whether Mammadov is 'Fit and proper'. Actions rather than just mere paperwork...

If all the paperwork is up to date and correct, there would no reason for the FA to block it.  Once the Lens situation is resolved to a satisfactory conclusion, we will then see if the FA move more quickly with us.  If not, there must be something else that is stopping the process, as to what that could be, no one knows!

However the mere fact this spat at Lens is still running and we are still awaiting ratification cannot be mere coincidence.

And this is where people are worrying for no reason and the reason people are getting annoyed...

It is a coincidence because it's not taking longer than any other takeover

Edited by EcclesallOwl