To be fair i'm not a season ticket holder and I managed to get a ticket to the first game last season away at tiny Loftus Road...

They'll make it to general sale this year too I hope

Me too, but only by the skin of my teeth. I always say, go you'll always be able to get in, but that nearly backfired on me at Loftus Rd. Turned up without a ticket, but in plenty of time to try and sort the situation. It was looking a hopeless chance until one of the old bill, who knew I was looking for a ticket, got me one at 5 past three. Can't see us getting tickets from the club for the Brighton game, but we'll still take our chances on the day.

PUBLISHED

12:35 17th July 2014

Sheffield Wednesday have an allocation of 2,500 for Brighton fixture

On sale from 22 July (see sale dates below)

Options available for supporters travelling to Slovenia during sale dates

Ticket Priority Points scheme utilised for this game

The Owls travel to Brighton on the first day of the 2014/15 Championship campaign on Saturday 9 August (3.00pm) and ticket details are as follows:

SWFC have been allocated 2,500 tickets for the South Stand at the American Express Community Stadium and this game is all ticket.

Due to the limited availability of tickets and expected demand for this fixture, tickets will be sold using the Ticket Priority Points (TPP) scheme which has been ongoing since the 2012/13 season.

Please note that due to the scheme rolling over two seasons, all 2012/13 points have now been removed.

Prices are as follows

Adults £30

65 and over £22

Under 18 £15

Under 10 £8

Ambulant disabled supporters are charged at the relevant prices above and are entitled to a free carer ticket if in receipt of medium to high rate of Disability Living Allowance.

There are ten wheelchair spaces priced at the relevant prices above with a free carer ticket.

Inter City Owl

There are two departure points, from Hillsborough and Flat Street, departing at 8.00am and priced as follows:

Adults: £30

Children: £29

Tickets and travel sale details:

Tuesday 22 July: Season Ticket holders with 560 or more TPP

Wednesday 23 July: Season Ticket holders with 510 or more TPP

Thursday 24 July: Season Ticket holders with 480 or more TPP

Friday 25 July: Season Ticket holders with 230 or more TPP

Saturday 26 July: Season Ticket holders, Owls and Foundation Members with 60 or more TPP

Monday 28 July: Season Ticket holders, Owls and Foundation Members with zero or more TPP

Tuesday 29 July: General sale

All sales dates are subject to availability.

Tickets can be purchased in person at the Ticket Office, at the Sheffield Wednesday Online Shop or by telephone on 0871 900 1867 (£2 booking fee per ticket)

Supporters who attend this game will receive ten Ticket Priority Points.

Supporters travelling to Slovenia

The club are aware that a number of supporters will be following the Owls in Slovenia next week during the sales process.

Should any supporters be unable to purchase tickets abroad or request someone to do so on their behalf, then postal applications will be available.

Supporters must send all relevant ID numbers with number of Ticket Priority Points each supporters has, the number of tickets required and concession breakdown (for example one x adult and one x under 18), a contact telephone number (should you wish us to call for payment), payment details and a copy of the flight or hotel confirmation to Slovenia.

These can be delivered in person to the Ticket Office before Monday or alternatively emailed to ticketoffice@swfc.co.uk – with the subject line: Brighton Ticket Postal Request.

Read more at http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/brighton-v-sheffield-wednesday-ticket-details-1765113.aspx#CKqRsmWMd8v4RvWQ.99

Just sticking my nose in here, but I'd get the ticket yourself and arrange to post it and get payment by Paypal or direct bank transfer rather than give your ID number to a stranger - nothing to stop them using it for future games and possibly denying you a ticket if they get there first.