U21s vs. Sheffield, tonight @ Dronfield, 7.30pm

Guest Steve French

Just arrived. Wednesday currently in an all white strip with no sponsor and no numbers. May just be a training top but seems a bit pointless having a full training kit and then fully changing for such a minor friendly.

Looks real to me, like a mobile pic. Remember this pink thing tho? The red half loved it, us in a pink kit. Thing is, it looks like the same design as the new shirt that's been leaked on here, same white bit round badge, same WAWAW round collar. So it's the keeper shirt then, surely? White away kit and yellow third kit on its way? Mebby?

Hehe ITK me. Said we would have I white kit.

Would have continued updates but blasted phone ran out of charge... 4th goal was a stupid, pointless handball that never should have been conceded. The ones blasting the team tonight clearly weren't there, it wasn't the greatest game for the lads to exhibit their skills, betra was being double man-marked most of the game and yes, the defence was pretty statuesque (I thought beatson did alright when he came on), but I was very impressed with floro and young hanna was energetic in midfield. McElroy seems like he'll be able to offer a bit. Duffy (who has the worst bowl head I have ever seen) worked hard off the bench too. Stobbs made some good runs too. Nice night out really, enjoyed it, just thought fc wanted it a bit more than we did.

Would have continued updates but blasted phone ran out of charge... 4th goal was a stupid, pointless handball that never should have been conceded. The ones blasting the team tonight clearly weren't there, it wasn't the greatest game for the lads to exhibit their skills, betra was being double man-marked most of the game and yes, the defence was pretty statuesque (I thought beatson did alright when he came on), but I was very impressed with floro and young hanna was energetic in midfield. McElroy seems like he'll be able to offer a bit. Duffy (who has the worst bowl head I have ever seen) worked hard off the bench too. Stobbs made some good runs too. Nice night out really, enjoyed it, just thought fc wanted it a bit more than we did.

Your last 11 words are the most worrying, I thought (hoped) we had moved on from the "not as bothered" attitude when we got rid of DJ...

Hope it 's not creeping back ?

Your last 11 words are the most worrying, I thought (hoped) we had moved on from the "not as bothered" attitude when we got rid of DJ...

Hope it 's not creeping back ?

Fair point, tbf it was a low-key friendly against a team who were a hell of a lot bigger than some of the teenagers we were putting out, understandable that they won't throw themselves into it for fear of injury. It wasn't so much lack of effort that actually cost us tonight as much as statuesque defending from us and pretty solid marking of the two front men all night. I wouldn't read too much into it either way, a better way of checking if that attitude really has returned is by watching them when their U21 league starts again

Nothing to do with the result, that's not important, but surely that won't be our development side this year. We need to recruit a few more yet I think

But basically, your recruiting other clubs cast offs

If your bringing in players from outside the club for u21 level it shows there is still a lot of work to do at academy level.

One or two trialist coming in OK but the bulk of the U21's should be last years and the year before's second year scholars, added with a couple of over age players either returning from injury or not getting much first team action.

If your bringing in players from outside the club for u21 level it shows there is still a lot of work to do at academy level.

One or two trialist coming in OK but the bulk of the U21's should be last years and the year before's second year scholars, added with a couple of over age players either returning from injury or not getting much first team action.

If you are recruiting players who are better than what you already have then surely that must be classed as a positive

That's what we're aiming for, but I would suggest we're a little way off that yet. The two who broke through last season, Palmer and Lavery, one came through the system, while the other was recruited from elsewhere.

If your bringing in players from outside the club for u21 level it shows there is still a lot of work to do at academy level.

I don't think anyone would argue with that. Our academy was a shambles before Milan came in and I'm sure it will still need a bit more work. Also, the full effects of Milan's improvements might not be felt for a couple of years yet.

Even a few of the players that seem to have been around for ages were recruited from elsewhere - wasn't Diesurvwe spotted playing in a London park?