Best Johny Fantham Photo?

I was on wi fi less holiday when "Fant" passed away, and only found out on my return home yesterday morning. He was one of my hero's when I was a young man, and really deserves to be remembered as a true legend. Quality footballer, top goal scorer and a gentleman both on and off the field. When you see some of the names who've been bandied about as Wednesday legends, on this forum, over the past few months, and then you're sadly reminded of Johnny Fantham, you realise what it actually takes to achieve legendary status.

Rest in peace John.

Old Wednesday historian Keith Farnsworth has come up with this wonderful photo of Johnny Fantham at Hillsborough. What a cracking photo!

10442911_1494589050777008_69646381006436

i think thats the game in 64 when we lost to 2 alan birchenall goals.......wasnt a good day for me i was 12 years old  got the trots and didnt make it in time for the bogs behind the kop ......can still recall jettisoning me underpants in the loo and scampering back up to see the to55er score . 

i think thats the game in 64 when we lost to 2 alan birchenall goals.......wasnt a good day for me i was 12 years old  got the trots and didnt make it in time for the bogs behind the kop ......can still recall jettisoning me underpants in the loo and scampering back up to see the to55er score . 

lol

You're right, September 1964, we lost 2 0.

Same season January 1965 was the away game at the lane. We won 3 2.

i was 11  in the lepping lane end surrounded by blunts had mi scarf on and little bro with me we got friendly abuse  but the crowdas weren't segregated then

flippinghated birchenhall    school was sh*t that week

Old Wednesday historian Keith Farnsworth has come up with this wonderful photo of Johnny Fantham at Hillsborough. What a cracking photo!

10442911_1494589050777008_69646381006436

Apologies if posted on other threads before, but this typifies and underlines the old chant from the uncovered Kop (massively loudly)...

Fantham, Fantham, put 'em where we want 'em!

(Where we needed a flash of brilliance from the old master).

And he could cut your hair afterwards at his shop later in the week!.

TRUE LEGEND

Ha ha lol

That made me proper laugh out loud.