Biggs Tweets

Forgive me for being uninformed but why the fo0k would the FL be concerned with what's going on at Lens? It has absolutely no bearing on SWFC.

Yep, this.

But it does stop people worrying as much.

Now there really is no need to worry and we are just waiting for the FL. Nothing to do with him not having the money etc. 

Edited by EcclesallOwl

Forgive me for being uninformed but why the fo0k would the FL be concerned with what's going on at Lens? It has absolutely no bearing on SWFC.

If he is financially dodgy at another club they wouldn't want him being financially dodgy at an English club.

If he is financially dodgy at another club they wouldn't want him being financially dodgy at an English club.

The only thing I can think of that would be a problem is if a potential new owner had large debts at another club. Maybe this money that wasn't transferred was a debt in the eyes of the FL. I've no idea, just thinking out loud.

Guest Ferkorf

the Fact is, its not taking so long at all, its taking the amount of time it should, yes maybe a little delay due to the world cup.

its like waiting for christmas or a holiday to start the days/weeks before seem to drag like hell

Be patient, things will get sorted and we'll be off

Couldnt agree more!

Although im checking the internet at least every couple of hour hoping I will see Swfc Takeover Ratified on the sky sports or bbc website

Spot on mate it has every bearing on us. Imagine the scenario that the FL give him the green light and Lens went into admin 3 months later they would look complete fools. The downside of him owning more than one club unfortunately

check the parameters of the FL fit and proper person test, they are readily available

the FL have f**k all to do with what might happen at Lens in 3 months

most of the league committee probably don't know where Lens is, and they certainly have less info on Azerbaijan,

this is the FL we are talking about here, not the C.I.A, the stuff people are fretting about simply does not exist

jesus h christ,

check the parameters of the FL fit and proper person test, they are readily available

the FL have f**k all to do with what might happen at Lens in 3 months

most of the league committee probably don't know where Lens is, and they certainly have less info on Azerbaijan,

this is the FL we are talking about here, not the C.I.A, the stuff people are fretting about simply does not exist

jesus h christ,

:biggrin:

The Premier League has tighter restrictions than the rest of the Football League and Football Conference. In general, a businessman will fail the test if:

• They have power or influence over another Football League club
  • They hold a significant interest in another Football League club
  • They become prohibited by law from being a director
  • They are filing for bankruptcy
  • They have been director of a club while it has suffered two or more unconnected events of insolvency
  • They have been a director of two or more clubs of which, while they have been director, has suffered an event of insolvency

I think MM would have checked these anyway

Ever heard of keeping a close eye on something. Strictly speaking they had their promotion suspended as they did have funds to play in that league. Now I believe it was all just red tape.

But had this situation not changed and their promotion hadn't gone through do you not think the FL over here would have not given it a moments consideration? Your incredibly naive if you think so.

look, if HM refused to guarantee Lens funding for next year, and decided to give his stake in the club to the Jimmy Saville memorial fund, there's still f**k all the FL can do to stop him gaining control of Wednesday

he has to have broken the law, or committed a breach of the regulations, neither of which he has done

its you who's naive if you think the FL has enough clout to halt this, just look at Leeds for conformation ffs