Onyewu And Potential Defender Targets

Guest Cameron Makeman

I'm not sure about these posts, the site could make for quite decent debate but the posts I have read are not very well balanced and have factual errors in them.

Has potential and like the read but needs more work, research and less of self opinion in debate to drag balance, that's my review

Byram is a right back.

We have Buxton, Palmer and Lee who can play there.

Hutchinson

Omuero

Rodger

Keane

Ake

All centre halves we should be looking at, permanently or otherwise.

Gooch isn't good enough IMO. Nor does he want to be here.

Edited by FlyingOwl

:rolleyes:

I'm not sure about these posts, the site could make for quite decent debate but the posts I have read are not very well balanced and have factual errors in them.

Has potential and like the read but needs more work, research and less of self opinion in debate to drag balance, that's my review

That's life, :rolleyes:

Not just factual errors, but simple spelling and grammatical ones too.

Is this written by a 6 year old?

"It was evident that day and pretty much every game last season, that there is a severe lack of pace in are back four, coupled with that, Onyew and Llera are just really bad defenders really really bad luckily Llera has already been released and it seems like wont Onyewu resign."

That made my eyes bleed a little. You got Onyewu's name right once out of three attempts, left out most punctuation and misspelled various words (are, our, has-beens, their, below...)

Not to mention the fact that none of us really have any idea how much money we have to 'play with' - everyone thought MM was going to make 7-figure signings every week when he first arrived.

Other than that, great post.

Byram is a right back.

Hutchinson

Omuero

Rodger

Keane

Ake

I'd add Ignasi Miquel to that list too from Arsenal too. I thought he was good on loan at Leicester last season for a handful of games.

Guest conisbrough

Byram is a right back.

Hutchinson

Omuero

Rodger

Keane

Ake

Agree with players you have indicated all would be good defensive signings (except Rodger no idea who he plays for). I would like to see Loovens signed as he would be good to be paired with one of them.

Think right back spot not as well covered as you believe, clear Lee plays in midfield and would not want him moved from that position as weakens team.. Buxton had injury problems last season and at his age could imean he will have spells on side lines this year. Palmer did well and I think best option at right back currently but he also covers in midfield.

Hutchinson would help as can play at right back and in midfield, if we do not sign him need utility player who can do a job at right back.

Agree with players you have indicated all would be good defensive signings (except Rodger no idea who he plays for). I would like to see Loovens signed as he would be good to be paired with one of them.

Think right back spot not as well covered as you believe, clear Lee plays in midfield and would not want him moved from that position as weakens team.. Buxton had injury problems last season and at his age could imean he will have spells on side lines this year. Palmer did well and I think best option at right back currently but he also covers in midfield.

Hutchinson would help as can play at right back and in midfield, if we do not sign him need utility player who can do a job at right back.

Rodger is Roger Johnson....

And our right back squad is probably our best covered position. I'm not saying that Palmer or Lee are out and out right backs. But if Buxton gets injured they're both more than capable of covering. Hutchinson is near to the top of my list of players we must sign. First and foremost as a centre half but is capable of playing a number of other positions.

A defensive line of Buxton Omuero Hutchinson Helan would suit me down to the ground.

I'll admit his form dropped towards the end of the season but the first month or so of Loovens and Onywu together as a partnership kept us up. The best CB pairing we've had since Des Walker left the club. Injuries did for Loovens and Onyewu seemed to lose interest or focus as the end of the season/possible world cup place approached.

If we have Roger Johnson, Onyewu, Loovens and Hutchinson as a set of CBs for the coming season it will be miles ahead of any players we've had signed on our own books for well over a decade. Don't write Zayatte off from a starting spot either. He's played well at a much higher level than we're at.