time for PFA to draw up "professional" guidelines... re Ched/Madine etc

Footballers think they are above the law, ........

They get a rude awakening though when they transgress as the convictions of the likes of Madine, Hughes and Evans has shown.

, British football lost touch with the "normal" man many moons ago.

Yes I know what you mean there.

Edited by Dagmeister

maybe not murdering but certainly death by dangerous driving etc. Lee Hughes doing his dance after that made me feel sick

i often thought at the time had they been close relatives of mine, i'd like to think i'd have run over him in my car...

or given him a tap or two with a hammer one night on his way home from the ale house... :ph34r:

lee hughes doing his dance after scoring.when fled the scene of the people he killed to try to avoid justice

luke mcormack drunk out of his head and killed children and a dad on motorway in his range rover

shed done for rape and more than likely ruined the girls life

should these sort ever grace a football pitch again and be payed thousands for it................not for me

Not for many either I'm sure.

I might detest the individuals or more pertinently what they've done but there is a legal system to deal with their transgressions. The thought of a second 'moral' court leaves me cold I'm afraid. Would you suggest that they should never be allowed to work again or just not in a job that is well paid?

Edited by Dagmeister

lee hughes doing his dance after scoring.when fled the scene of the people he killed to try to avoid justice

luke mcormack  drunk out of his head and killed children and a dad on motorway in his range rover

shed  done for rape and more than likely ruined the girls life

should these sort ever grace a football pitch again and be payed thousands for it................not for me

how much should someone who has been convicted of causing death by dangerous driving, or rape, be able to earn after they've served their sentance then

does this limit apply to all sportsmen, entertainers, or is it just footballers

what would you think they should earn.

for me they should be in prison for a lot longer than just serving a little for what they did.

yes i might be old school buts thats me.

no more old school than me,

prison is supposed to both punish, and rehabilitate, according to you, the rehabilitation needs to go on longer, and the punishment has to continue after their release

but only for footballers it seems

just a bit peed off dag tbh with our justice system its a shambles.

No problem with that view (although I don't agree) but it's the legal system that you should be looking at rather than craving arbitrary second sentencing. If you seek genuine justice it has to be the same for all and not just aimed at indefinite punishment for people in well paid jobs. Edited by Dagmeister

look im sorry if i came across a bit strong.but 3 years ago me and my partner delt with a rape victim and it was a sad and heartbreaking time.my judgement maybe clouded but i just hate the scum who do these things.

That would inevitably have had a profound impact on you and your partner. Apology absolutely not necessary

dag.who is that in your avatar it does look like a young tommy craig.or tony simmons from the eighties.

thanks for your words my friend it means alot and it was a horrendous time.

I can only imagine. I hope that time will help ease the pain of all affected and most especially the victim.

The late great Derek Dooley; a man who served both Sheffield clubs with immense distinction.