Hillsborough Redevelopment

Anyone remember going to St James park to see Newcastle get crowds under 20K so your argument about needing a bigger capacity back then is wrong.

Look at their crowds now.

Both owls and dirty Leeds would easily average over 30K in the premiership.

You have to go back to the 80's for NUFC to get that low.

Throughout all there years in the PL they never averaged under 30k.

By the time the post Euro 96 boom in attendances came they desperately needed to increase capacity, whilst Hillsborough had plenty of capacity to spare.

But your not, if your honest.

Look at the teams you mentioned,which were in the Premier League the season you were relegated.

That same season, all of them (bar Villa) well over 90% capacity and well over 30k average.

Your's was the worst % of capacity (63%) in the league. Also only averaging 24,855.

Ok, it was your relegation season but just three season's earlier you finished 7th and still only averaged 25,693, whilst the teams you mentioned stil averaged over 30k+.

Like I posted earlier, people saying that the PL is a different animal now, attendance wise, to when you were last in it are not basing it on facts.

Infact, had Man U, Arsenal, Newcastle and Southampton had the capacities back then that they do today there would be very little improvement in attendances from the 99/2000 season to last season.

Personally, I do think you average over 30k for your first season back but as the novelty wears off you settle down at around 27-28k.

Just my opinion, not taking the pee.

JV,can't do facts on here (not in this debate) you've gotta pedal the myth that we will gain support we've never had in my 30 years of attending !!

Guest sotonowl

How good would this have been if England's 2018 World Cup bid had been successful?

sw1u.jpg

:sad:  :sad:  :sad:

Please Milan!!!!!!!!!!!

Was tis costed BTW

Guest sotonowl

Seem to remember £40 million being mentioned at the time

To get that built now I suppose a promotion to the premier league knowing we'd get relegated, i'd go for that

To get that built now I suppose a promotion to the premier league knowing we'd get relegated, i'd go for that

Get promoted, take the money spend 1st years income on the ground, keep the team as is so we don't bankrupt ourselves then build properly with the cash from the parachute payments. Simples.

The difficult part is going up in the first place!

When stoke city went up a few years ago they had an avg of around 12,000 infact ther highest that season was 16,000 when we visited , Stoke now avg 26,000 and have since promotion...so if Stoke city can do it im sure Wednesday could double ish its avg....

Get promoted, take the money spend 1st years income on the ground, keep the team as is so we don't bankrupt ourselves then build properly with the cash from the parachute payments. Simples.

that's what I'd do .....you´d be a far stronger club doing it that way .

Guest sotonowl

Lets get cracking then, only problem is someone may want the money for their own bank account instead of building up the stadium but we can dream can't we?

When stoke city went up a few years ago they had an avg of around 12,000 infact ther highest that season was 16,000 when we visited , Stoke now avg 26,000 and have since promotion...so if Stoke city can do it im sure Wednesday could double ish its avg....

The season Stoke were promoted they averaged 16,823.

There highest attendance that season was 26,609 when Leicester visited on the last day of the season.

There was 14,019 there when you visited.

Apart from that, pretty accurate.