@Owlsonline linking Niall Canavan on twitter

Ok sorry, he is brilliant, our academy is amazing, plays off next season for sure, all our players are awesome mmm i can get used to being a happy clapper

Look I do actually think you may be a blade, your username is slagging off our chairman. And piggies like to call our ground a rustbucket.

But I called you out as a Pig due to the fact you are simply negative all the time.

So if people don't agree with you then you insult them. And then complain people just do it to you.

But anyway argue away

The type of signing where you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Young player, low wages, bit of potential and yes unproven at this level.

Yes a lot of these players may turn out to be like Danny Mayor and not up to championship standard however you may just land yourself another Kieron Lee.

As long as we don't have to rely on a couple of players like this to keep us up then I wouldn't be disappointed to sign a couple of them

Well it seems there may be some truth in our interest in this player. I'm not going to pretend that I know too much about him, but presumably, if he joins, he will be one of the 5 or 6 players Milan has said we will bring in. To be honest, I had hoped for someone who could push immediately for a first team spot, but I suppose, if they will be coming as back up, who could we expect. So if it's a deal, that leaves perhaps only four signings left, and one of those will surely be a back up keeper. Need the other three to be first team ready, and considerably better than what we already have. Not underwhelmed by this, and we knew we needed back up players, and they were unlikely to be exciting, but it's those earmarked for a starting place who I hope will capture the imagination.

Guest CageFightingOwl

Look I do actually think you may be a blade, your username is slagging off our chairman. And piggies like to call our ground a rustbucket.

But I called you out as a Pig due to the fact you are simply negative all the time.

So if people don't agree with you then you insult them. And then complain people just do it to you.

But anyway argue away

Is there a rule that i have missed where people arent allowed to voice their concerns?

Some of us arent happy with things.

Obviously that comes across in our posts.

I am ok with this, Canavan would be a decent addition, thats only if Loovens and one other are brought in for first choice.

People need to start listening to other peoples opinons without getting upset, you dont have to agree but at least listen and acknowledge different views.

Well it seems there may be some truth in our interest in this player. I'm not going to pretend that I know too much about him, but presumably, if he joins, he will be one of the 5 or 6 players Milan has said we will bring in. To be honest, I had hoped for someone who could push immediately for a first team spot, but I suppose, if they will be coming as back up, who could we expect. So if it's a deal, that leaves perhaps only four signings left, and one of those will surely be a back up keeper. Need the other three to be first team ready, and considerably better than what we already have. Not underwhelmed by this, and we knew we needed back up players, and they were unlikely to be exciting, but it's those earmarked for a starting place who I hope will capture the imagination.

At his age I'd hope that he's being looked at as a squad player to challenge for a first team place if he merits it. You'd expect that if signed he'd be initially viewed as being behind say Loovens & Onyewu or similar but I really hope that Gray assembles a squad first and selects on merit; somehting that hasn't necessarily always happened.

Is there a rule that i have missed where people arent allowed to voice their concerns?

Some of us arent happy with things.

Obviously that comes across in our posts.

I am ok with this, Canavan would be a decent addition, thats only if Loovens and one other are brought in for first choice.

People need to start listening to other peoples opinons without getting upset, you dont have to agree but at least listen and acknowledge different views.

Agreed. It would be more achievable though if people stuck to the debate rather than making asides about other posters. This isn't aimed at anyone or group specifically by the way.

The type of signing where you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Young player, low wages, bit of potential and yes unproven at this level.

Yes a lot of these players may turn out to be like Danny Mayor and not up to championship standard however you may just land yourself another Kieron Lee.

As long as we don't have to rely on a couple of players like this to keep us up then I wouldn't be disappointed to sign a couple of them

This X1987678 times

Guest JonTheOwl66

Kieran Lee was a standout League 1 player. Again, there's no comparison.

Guest wilyfox

Brian Laws said Canavan was emerging as one of the best CBs in league two - so there is arguably a comparison.

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

But anyway argue away

Im pretty sure i could call you out as an happy clapper cos you just dont seem to realise how unambitious we are and how poor our squad is! as for my username im deffo not milans biggest fan due to the fact he watched us struggle for 2 years and only acted to bring in quality when it looked his INVESTMENT was heading towards league1. oh and i love hillsborough wether its a rustbucket or not

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

This blade/apologist/cult/happy clapper business is so boring now.

As I said in another thread, we all supposedly support the same team so why do we have to resort to petty name calling?

End of the day we all pay good money of which we work all week for to watch the team we love, 36 yrs of ups and mostly downs watching the blue and white wizards and i wouldnt swap it for anything! every club has its over loyal and blinkered fans who think everything is perfect and the ones who will never be satisfied until messi and ronaldo join. having debates is healthy and shows we are passionate so no name calling and respect different opinions WAWAW

End of the day we all pay good money of which we work all week for to watch the team we love, 36 yrs of ups and mostly downs watching the blue and white wizards and i wouldnt swap it for anything! every club has its over loyal and blinkered fans who think everything is perfect and the ones who will never be satisfied until messi and ronaldo join. having debates is healthy and shows we are passionate so no name calling and respect different opinions WAWAW

I agree 100%.

No need for the puerile name calling it's guaranteed to cause arguments.

I think we need organisation ahead of pace.

Burnley's didn't have the jamaican relay team last year yet they were organised

and hard working, as such they had the meanest defence.

Defending starts from the front, and for me our strikers and wide players just don't close the ball down quickly enough

or with any kind of hunger

I agree - but there is room in the side for both organisation and pace to recover through the middle in the back 4.

Loovens is a composed player and a calming influence - a relatively young promising partner with experience, energy, pace and resilience from a lower division would be ideal IMO.  

We need a pairing that will compliment each other.

Loan defenders from premiership reserve sides last year just aren't robust or match sharp enough.

Similar attributes are required in central midfield and Semedo alongside Lee worked well.

I would rather blow the £350K budget on a Championship standard front man and compliment / build on what we have elsewhere.

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

I agree 100%.

No need for the puerile name calling it's guaranteed to cause arguments.

I personally feel if we ever settle for something or dont push to get to that next level staleness begins to set in, never once have i said we should throw millions and millions at it but a little ambition and something us fans to get excited for wont go amiss