@Owlsonline linking Niall Canavan on twitter

Seeing as ive missed 3 games in 3 years yeah i was there fella, also im pretty sure my mate whos been a season ticket holder for everton for 18 yrs knows barkleys preferred position to some on here. you could see the class but it was the wrong time and wrong place for him at hillsborough

But did your mate who's been an Everton season ticket holder see Barkley's 13 games for SWFC to be able to comment so much on him being played out of position?

And I presume you must have missed Ipswich away last season then as one of your 3?

Guest JonTheOwl66

Isn't he? Who is an outstanding League 2 talent?

I know absolutely nothing about League 2 football I'm afraid. So I couldn't tell you.

That's why I'm asking you - is Canavan an outstanding League 2 talent?

Fairly straight forward question.

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

But did your mate who's been an Everton season ticket holder see Barkley's 13 games for SWFC to be able to comment so much on him being played out of position?

And I presume you must have missed Ipswich away last season then as one of your 3?

What makes you think i didnt go to ipswich?

Guest JonTheOwl66

Alot see him as an attacking midfielder so high up supporting the striker but i remember him on the right side of midfield and that didnt play to his strengths

I don't remember Barkley once playing right midfield for us.

He was nearly always one of a two in central midfield and occasionally the most advanced midfielder in a three man central midfield.

Alot see him as an attacking midfielder so high up supporting the striker but i remember him on the right side of midfield and that didnt play to his strengths

If you remember him out on the right, then your conclusion that he was played out of position seems correct to me.

However, I recall him playing centre mid with an attacking bias (he couldn't be arsed to do the defensive work). He ventured out right to exploit space that his team mates were too slow to take advantage of, but his main role was central. I wouldn't say he was "supporting the striker", although I didn't see the Ipswich away game.

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

The fact Barkley didn't play anywhere near right midfield and had an absolute stormer of a game for us in what is his supposed preferred position.

I did say he looked class and you could deffo see the potential but the facts are we didnt get the best out of him and i stand by my comments of we didnt play him in the same role as everton do

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

His imaginary friend.

The guy is clearly a pig on the windup

ha what a bell end! the he doesnt agree with the rest of us theory so hes a pig is just embarrasing. i didnt take my arnold laver top with me when i was at spora luxembourg and kaiserslautern mate

I did say he looked class and you could deffo see the potential but the facts are we didnt get the best out of him and i stand by my comments of we didnt play him in the same role as everton do

The reason we didnt get the best out of him is that his team mates werent good enough. They couldnt see they plays and opportunities developing that he could. 

Playing him out of position is not the reason.

Guest JonTheOwl66

His imaginary friend.

The guy is clearly a pig on the windup

Garbage. He's clearly an Owl.

The reason we didnt get the best out of him is that his team mates werent good enough. They couldnt see they plays and opportunities developing that he could. 

Playing him out of position is not the reason.

Absolutely this, all he had ahead of was COG and nobody making runs from midfield. He'd find a bit more support nowadays with the way Gray sets us up, but clearly his teammates at Everton are more on his wavelength

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

Garbage. He's clearly an Owl.

Nah they are right, im a blade who spends hours everyday on owlstalk, im even off for a pint with curtis woodhouse later! its common knowledge if you dont agree with the majority your either a blade or part timer

Nah they are right, im a blade who spends hours everyday on owlstalk, im even off for a pint with curtis woodhouse later! its common knowledge if you dont agree with the majority your either a blade or part timer

...........or a Happy Clapper.

.........or an Apologist.

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

...........or a Happy Clapper.

.........or an Apologist.

Yeah thats the 4 bases covered, its a forum and people are gonna have different opinions. i prefer to take off my blue and white googles and be realistic.