@Owlsonline linking Niall Canavan on twitter

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

Stand down people. False alarm, nothing to see here.

Phew! im sure we will be linked with a 28yr old from wycombe soon who the clappers will say is amazing lol

Guest JonTheOwl66

That's not true, we only have one centre half on the books, so as it stands, if he signs, he will improve the team

So if I was signed by Wednesday to play centre back it'd improve the team?

I'm flipping woeful mate. But obviously that's the type of ambition we need to show! Sign me up.

I don't get why we should blindly accept every single signing as being exciting.

He's a League 2 centre back who isn't necessarily young, most people have never heard of him before and he doesn't exactly come in as highly rated like Maghoma did.

Obviously time will tell but it hardly screams of a signing that will improve the team.

Agree. We should wait and see if he actually signs and then judge him on his performances if he does.

Pleased for Sean Mcallister on a different note.

Hard work pays off.

One of the few players we've released down the years that I was a bit disappointed about.

Not a world beater but he did a decent job (far better than JOC anyway) in the centre.

Another well known, quality signing.

lol

remember a similar point of view when we bought an unknown striker from Barnsley years ago. I was told we should have been aiming a lot lot higher.

His name was David Hirst.........

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

So Rust Bucket...tell me a bit more about him...Is he dominant in the air, reads the game well. quick and right footed or left...fill us in then

Well on the 2 occasions i saw scunny last year (friend who lives on the next street plays LB for them so got me some freebies) nobody stood out, hes a decent size and quite comfortable on the ground and in the air but far from championship standard. im not saying hes gash but theres a reason he is 23 and still playing in the 4th division

Well on the 2 occasions i saw scunny last year (friend who lives on the next street plays LB for them so got me some freebies) nobody stood out, hes a decent size and quite comfortable on the ground and in the air but far from championship standard. im not saying hes gash but theres a reason he is 23 and still playing in the 4th division

Centre backs often reach their peak later than other positions. He's at a good age to work and improve if he's got the raw ability. He'll be playing at a higher level most likely next season whatever happens.

We've apparently just been beaten by the piggies who've just snapped up a big African centre back from West Ham's academy. It's obviously an area we're targeting but probably with one eye on the future

So if I was signed by Wednesday to play centre back it'd improve the team?

I'm flipping woeful mate. But obviously that's the type of ambition we need to show! Sign me up.

By playing professional football and playing a vital role in a promotion winning side, I would argue that he would be better than anything we have coming through and zayette is the only other contender

Unless you have some secrets you would like to share, your logic is unfortunately rather flawed

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

Centre backs often reach their peak later than other positions. He's at a good age to work and improve if he's got the raw ability. He'll be playing at a higher level most likely next season whatever happens.

Ha very likely with scunthorpe being promoted lol