Sign in to follow this  
indiana

FAO Vancouver based Owls

I know there are a few Wednesday fans from Vancouver who come on here....So basically - need some info before I go over. 1. Is Vale Town easy to get an appartment in?2. Is it easy to get work?3. Will there be any bars that show English football..... and more importantly any bars that show the world cup?4. Will the World Cup be on terrestrial TV?Any other info would be appreciated.

Guest RHhgate

Don't bother with Canada. Go to Finland. It's FAR nicer (and has alot more hookers)

I doubt I'll get a response now this has been bunged over to this section....

are you going to canada rob???

I come on here what..... once a week? Maybe less.Its hardly a daily topic!

I know there are a few Wednesday fans from Vancouver who come on here....So basically - need some info before I go over. 1. Is Vale Town easy to get an appartment in?2. Is it easy to get work?3. Will there be any bars that show English football..... and more importantly any bars that show the world cup?4. Will the World Cup be on terrestrial TV?Any other info would be appreciated.

Ok here are your answers1, It's Yaletown and while apartments are available be prepared to pay a hefty price.2, I Guess it depends what line of work you are in. There's lots of work here as the place is booming, what with the Olympics and everything. 3, You don't need to go to the bars unless you want to. We get at least six Prem games a week on regular TV as well as Champions league, UEFA cup etc. Where we are lacking is that there in no coverage of the lower leagues. There is also good coverage of the German, Italian, French, Argentinian leagues.4, The World cup is also on Regular TV.If you have any other questions feel free to send me a PM and will help you as much as I can. BTW when are you planning on coming here? Edited by Mickjj

I've PM'd.....so as not to be accused of going on about this anymore! :biggrin:

i didnt know you were goin to canada Robyou never mentioned it/sarcasm

Rob is going where ??

aparantly he's going to canadahe kept that one quiet

crikeyif that was me i'd be telling everyone and spamming all my posts with ityou know what i'm like

crikeyif that was me i'd be telling everyone and spamming all my posts with ityou know what i'm like

They're just all jealous that I dont have to watch/listen to/hear about/read about Sheffield bloody Wednesday for 8 months! :biggrin:

They're just all jealous that I dont have to watch/listen to/hear about/read about Sheffield bloody Wednesday for 8 months! :biggrin:

YOu were spouting months ago, remember when you first asked the question as to whether you should go or not seeing as you had only just me the girly then lolGood luck Rob, you will enjoy VC its an awesome place

Good Luck Rob, you know we are all just joking, i got "YOU'RE MARRIED?????" for ages lolI hope all your dreams come true in Canada ra ra ra ;-)

Don't you believe mate. you find yourself coming on hear everyday just to find out whats happening. At least it will be one more of us to be around in the evening when everyone in the UK is tucked up in bed because of the time zones.