Zayatte VS Taylor VS Coke

Guest Sheff Owl

Taylor................ bad signing , not good enough 

Zayette ..............bad signing , calamity defender 

Coke ................. bad signing , not good enough for the championship 

Guest Fedor

It's not about all 3 not being good enough, it's about people constantly slagging of Taylor and Zayatte yet Coke is awful. plays regular and doesn't get half the crap that Taylor/Zayatte has.

There have been many threads about Coke not being good enough.

I thought Coke was decent when he first came in, but I'm definitely not a fan nowadays, just don't think he brings anything to our game.

I just looked out of interest where he is on my Football Manager (2012) and it made me giggle - at the age of 31 - he's with (Blue Square Premier) Bath. In the reserves. He's made 5 appearances for them this season, with an average rating of 6.06!

I'm a rarity around here. I actually think Zayatte is a capable top half of the championship central defender. If, and it's a big if, he has a settled defence and strong personalities around him to keep him focused. His tackling, positioning, speed and technique are all good enough. He just lacks the mental side. Alongside somebody like Loovens with settled full backs along side them I think he's good enough for what we need.

Bare in mind that his 11 games last season were with Buxton, Palmer, Reda, Mattock and Helan all injured. We had loanees, Floro from the dev squad at full back for the first couple of months of the season. Nobody was ever going to look good under those circumstances.

Giles Coke wouldn't get in any other Championship midfield. 

He's a non-entity of a player who has a good game every one in 10. 

Laughable that we gave him a two year deal last summer. 

Utter madness. 

The problem Taylor had was Darren Purse wasn't exactly a distant memory, so the slightest mistake and fans were baying for blood. To be fair, at the time it seemed to be an astute signing along with Gardner we had an experienced partnership.